Are there any good horror shooters exclusive on pc ?

Johnglen

Newcomer
I have, somewhat, returned to pc gaming after many years and I am looking for some good exclusive horror shooters. I am talking about games similar to the evil within, dead space , resident evil 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 e.t.c , doesn't matter if they are first or third person shooters, there just has be shooting (and horror) involved so no walking simulators like amnesia , outlast e.t.c. Do any games as such exist on pc as exclusives ? I am asking for exclusives cause I have played all the console ones.

Alien isolation, Clive barkers undying
the suffering (check free games thread)
alien vs predator - the first one, genuinely scary
Doom 3 qualifies
Fear
painkiller
necrovision

Almost all horror shooters are multiplatform nowadays, so I guess it depends on how far back in time you're willing to go.
For example, Clive Barker's Undying is an excellent horror shooter, but it's 16 years old.
Did you play all titles of the F.E.A.R. series on consoles?
The STALKER games could also be considered horror and they're PC-only IIRC.

System Shock 1 & 2 are also horror games (much more than the Bioshock spiritual sequels), but now we're looking at 20+ year-old games.

I love scary games. STALKER and Penumbra series are the ones that come to mind. Maybe the Half Life mod Cry of Fear available on Steam. Of ancient games I'd only consider System Shock 2.

FEAR games are all on console.

Last edited:
Would also include Vampire Bloodlines its a third person/rpg hybrid like dues ex (except dx is first person)
the Ocean House Hotel level is often voted scariest level ever along with The Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief 3 except Thief 3 isnt a horror game

edit: forgot must be p.c exclusive

Alien isolation, Clive barkers undying
the suffering (check free games thread)
alien vs predator - the first one, genuinely scary
Doom 3 qualifies
Fear
painkiller
necrovision
in addition to that, gotta mention that FEAR and FEAR 2 are on sale on GoG in the summer sale. Both are excellent games.

Back