Are new gameplay possibilities going to be enabled by more processing power? *spawn

The discussion of physical worlds has been had. Physical worlds can be unpredictable, limiting the types of gameplay you can rely on.

A new level of gameplay is available in games like Zombie U and Star Fox Zero but gamers are too busy being blinded by PC like power evangelism and ignoring that at the end of the day the game has to be a game experience not some auto-pilot hand holding fest.

The discussion of physical worlds has been had. Physical worlds can be unpredictable, limiting the types of gameplay you can rely on.
More processing power also allows you to run more internal steps (and/or use better integrators) leading to more stable physics simulation.

Scrap Mechanic
is a good example about utilizing complex physical systems for new kind of game play. Complex user generated vehicles with lots of physical joints/constraints are surprisingly stable in this game.

Advance A.I middleware, eg future iterations of Havok A.I
http://www.havok.com/wp-content/uploads/Havok_Brochures/Havok_AI_2015.pdf

By 2038 in GTA10 you'll be able to engage in real conversation through the mic in your VR goggles with random pedestrians powered by AI conversation middleware in your Azure cloud rendered games. The middleware being the grandchild of Tay the swearing nazi chatbot.
tay-tweet-ted-cruz.png

Last edited:
A new level of gameplay is available in games like Zombie U and Star Fox Zero but gamers are too busy being blinded by PC like power evangelism and ignoring that at the end of the day the game has to be a game experience not some auto-pilot hand holding fest.
I played Zombie on the PS4 and I hated it. I am not sure what's so special about that game. The extra display on the WiiU didnt get the best impressions either

I played Zombie on the PS4 and I hated it. I am not sure what's so special about that game. The extra display on the WiiU didnt get the best impressions either

You just explained how you refused a "new gameplay possibility" by sticking to the "power consoles" due to the belief that a console with less power or even an extra display just cannot give you what you believe in.

The Zombie U game wasn't perfect but it had potential and did seem to move away from the hand holding fest started last gen by Xbox360 and followed by PS3.

Given the current timing there should have been a follow-up sequel...however shifting to the power consoles only brings it into "derivative gameplay"

That isn't to say an additional display is needed but the implementation had a lot of potential for it.

You just explained how you refused a "new gameplay possibility" by sticking to the "power consoles" due to the belief that a console with less power or even an extra display just cannot give you what you believe in.

The Zombie U game wasn't perfect but it had potential and did seem to move away from the hand holding fest started last gen by Xbox360 and followed by PS3.

Given the current timing there should have been a follow-up sequel...however shifting to the power consoles only brings it into "derivative gameplay"

That isn't to say an additional display is needed but the implementation had a lot of potential for it.
No I just hated the gameplay regardless of how it performed. No atmosphere, no suspense, the gameplay was mediocre.

1) Nesh bought Zombie U for the consle he owns. The reason he bought that console was it had the games he wanted. Nothing to do wtih shunning power

2) Even if second screen was the greatest thing ever (and independent reviews of Wii U games have the second screen pretty limited in impact, certainly not a major game changer so everyone's doing it), this thread is about what more power brings to new gameplay! You're saying 'nothing, we need gimmicks'.

No I just hated the gameplay regardless of how it performed. No atmosphere, no suspense, the gameplay was mediocre.
I was disappointed by Zombi too. For a game that relies so much on the cricket bat, well, the thing is so clunky and not intuitive, and 2 different buttons to use the bat? :no:

Back