Are AMD and ATI About to Become Extinct ?

I think its nonsense. So what should AMD do? Bring a bag of cash to devs to have their logo in the game? Rather not. Its not like TWIMTBP games always run better on Nvidia anyway. Same goes for the physiX thing (I thought AMD was going to support that too btw?). Rather have them support the same thing than make something different again.

Also there is nothing from with the AMD cpu's. Maybe not if you want the high end but for the low/mid/office segment I think AMD is the way to go. They got cheaper mainbord that offer alot more functions (when I build my htpc a mainbord with hdmi and a onboard gpu capable of 1080p decoding costed about double of the AMD equivelant) and they got some nice cheap low power models that are fast enough.

But ofcourse, im sure intel has some under the table deals because as soon as you go to any big pc builder your choice in AMD cpu's is very small if you are lucky. The company I used to work for would only roll out Intel based systems to new companies because basically they couldnt get much else from HP and Dell.

Rather poor article that, really just some sort of blog entry with an incoherently presented opinion and nothing in the way of evidence to back up the assertions.

This paragraph seems particularly telling:
Here is the killer for AMD though; the PC parts being sold are majorly bought by enthusiasts and the overclocker's, one market Intel owns in this time frame for the high-end CPU market. Sure there are some low end system being sold to the low end, and strictly email Sally, Joe word user market, but this is not where the profits are by any means.

The author is obviously an enthusiast, hence the warped perspective of the importance of PC parts for enthusiasts as a percentage of the total hardware market.

That said, AMD clearly hasn't been a healthy company for a long time now and one promising generation of GPUs is not going to be enough to change that.

I like Doc Overclock, but that article reads a lot more like someone's opinion rather than a critical analysis or fact.

Enthusiasts are the big buying segment? Really? REALLY really? I never knew....

Didn't you know Digi? It's just like graphics where the only parts that Nvidia and ATI moves in quantity is the 4870X2 and GTX295. All those lower end models are just for show, since we all know that business and regular home users don't buy pc's...

Oh my, that's just left me speechless...

Then again I'm surprised that I'm surprised when you look at all the unsubstantiated computer superstitions that you run into daily around the net. Just look at all the vitriol Vista still gets.

And I still run into people that think the 9800 GTX (or 8800 GTX) is faster than anything ATI can come out with (including the 4870). Cuckoo cuckoo...

Regards,
SB

God that hurts my eyes.. every time I see something like that, I wish they actually did censor the internet as it clearly damages the public opinion etc. much like a terrorist.

With Intel now working with NVIDIA...NVIDIA and Intel unleash a series of X58 motherboards

Man, I love to know his sources..

"The old war between ATI and NVIDIA may be coming to an end as ATI steps farther and farther away from game developers and he gaming community, and not having any leading edge technology other than DX 10.1 as an appeal, combined with limited games with the ATI logo are becoming more noticeable every new game launch."

Has to be one of the worst written sentences I've ever read. It starts off "OK", but as usual with long sentences and low IQ, the latter half doesn't match the tense, grammar or even point of the first half. I stopped reading there and then, as that looks as official as me writing in a notepad.

Back