Anyone knows what's NVIDIA acquiring?

Rys said:
The Tenomichi thing is slightly different, given that it's not run-of-the-mill software and not cloned or competed with elsewhere (for that money). It's something different, anyway :!:

It's a good idea as a differentiator, and shows off the power of the new GPUs for video apps when the GPU is doing the work rather than the CPU. I'd find this more interesting than last year's tired games (which you may already own if they were any good).

Rys said:
The Tenomichi thing is slightly different, given that it's not run-of-the-mill software and not cloned or competed with elsewhere (for that money). It's something different, anyway :!:

Ah, okay. But prolly not 100 headcount either, would you think? Just for comparison purposes, is ATI's entire multimedia software dev team 100 people?

Uttar said:
Still, that doesn't tell me what's NVIDIA's acquiring. Makes me curious! :)
Uttar

I'm curious too :)

<wild_speculation>
an HW accelerated antivirus / spyware protection for email, network services, etc, to be added to ActiveArmor platform
</wild_speculation>

Uttar said:
They also mentionned that the $14.2M settlement charges regarding litigation issues were related to, if I heard properly, 3DFX and AVG. I could not have heard that last thing properly (it's in the beggining of the conference call, 50:35 on my player), since it seems really weird, but I'm sure it begins with an A at least. They said more info would be available on form 10K on their website soon, but apparently that wasn't published yet.
AVG is likely American Video Graphics. You can find the background info in nVidia's old 10K's.

Back