Any used car recommendations?

Yup, but winter is coming and a rear-wheel drive sports car isn't the best for it...and BMW just sent us a thingy offering to get us out of our lease if we buy a new BMW, so we're gonna go check it out. :)

Planned ahead this time, called my new BFF at BMW's service center and he's gonna meet us there tomorrow and make sure we get a good sales person.

Can't afford a third car right now, we've kind of been spending money like drunken sailors on the new home and now we're trying to stop that.

Two cars for now. Mine is doing well, it's time for her to decide what she wants to do about hers. She still loves her vert, so she might just steal my car for the winter and let me use hers. :???:

The beauty of company cars. Something sensible on the company's bill, something fun on mine.

I like practical cars. Does that make me evil? I like my car. But I want to lift it now a bit since I bottom out sometimes on rough roads (WRX wagon). I think we have destroyed the suspension more or less. We carry hundreds of pounds on the roof though, which might be a bit harsh on it.

I like practical cars. Does that make me evil? I like my car. But I want to lift it now a bit since I bottom out sometimes on rough roads (WRX wagon). I think we have destroyed the suspension more or less. We carry hundreds of pounds on the roof though, which might be a bit harsh on it.

Hundreds of pounds? o_O

I like practical cars. Does that make me evil?
Nope, it's why I love my lil 325xi so much and everytime my wife has bought a sporty car (350Z, G37S) I've been trying to talk her into more practical ones.

Transportation is about transportation first and foremost with me when I look at cars, if it can do all the things I want it to then I can get a bit fun with it. The G37 doesn't really fit that category, it redefines impractical and uncomfortable for me. :(

But as a single-driver car, it's just tits. Absolutely a blast and a joy to drive, it's just if you ain't driving it it's not so comfortable. She's happy, and she'll be stealing my car for all winter so I guess it's cool. :???:

Hundreds of pounds? o_O

I carry lots of plywood, drywall and so forth on the roof since it won't fit inside. It is quite humorous when all these suburbanites with big trucks drive up and load something that would fit into a sedans trunk in their truck, then I pile sheet after sheet of 3/4 inch plywood on my roof rack and they get confused :p

I carry lots of plywood, drywall and so forth on the roof since it won't fit inside. It is quite humorous when all these suburbanites with big trucks drive up and load something that would fit into a sedans trunk in their truck, then I pile sheet after sheet of 3/4 inch plywood on my roof rack and they get confused :p

What do you do for a living that requires that much weight on the roof?

Back