Any used car recommendations?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Looks like I'm getting rid of my 2001 BMW 325xi and getting something new, I has no clue what except I want it to be bigger and with a nicer interior. If it can drive/handle better that'd be a plus too.

Problem is I thinking my budget is around $15k, so definitely looking at used. Saw a couple of nice Jags and Mercs in that price range, but I'm really unsure of even what I'm looking for. :???:

Any input is good, I'm having an awful day. :(

Do I like this? My wife thinks I like it. :???:

64960396.jpg

I'm not sure I have a choice in this, I'm not having a happy. :(

I'm gonna check out the X5 in person on my way home, and see how my baby is doing.

Yeah. Newer, less mileage, and more features I think too. Still, I grow overly attached to my vehicles and I'd REALLY grown attached to this one. :(

I'm not sure I have a choice in this, I'm not having a happy. :(

I'm gonna check out the X5 in person on my way home, and see how my baby is doing.

Why wouldn't you? Isn't it normal that both have a say in a big purchase like a car, even if your wife might be the one paying for it? Afterall your the one who's going to be driving it right?

My car died 30 miles after paying BMW $600 to repair it. In fairness to BMW they did hook me up with a tow truck, send a driver to pick up me and the kids, and gave me a brand new 2011 X5 to use until my car is fixed. :)

The X5 was new new too, only 5 miles on it. My wife has stolen it every day since, I think she likes it. :LOL:

In all fairness? I wouldn't expect less if I just paid 600 dollars to NOT get my car fixed... Besides, they know you are looking at the x5 right? Good way to try and sell you one. Especially as I guess you won't be getting the 8k for your old car anymore?

But do you like the x5 now that you have it? :p

I'm already looking for ways to break her lease on the G37, so yeah. :oops:

It might actually happen due to the Illinois lemon law too and it's stupid backseat/flap/cover thing that keeps falling off. If we take it in for service for that 3 more times instead of putting it back on ourselves it'll qualify.

For a used car, something that makes more sense -- weren't you considering a Volvo awhile back? I know it's not supersexy, but they do make some pretty fierce sports models these days and it will be really comfortable!Maybe as a peace offering you can get your wife to buy twin dvd players for the kids ;) I dunno about how they're doing currently but back in the day, buying a used Jag was equivalent to setting your wallet afire.

Nope. Change of heart, change of plan.

I fucking hate the X5, just hate it. It's miserable to drive, it's the BMW's Hummer I'm convinced. Drives like an f-ing truck, HATE IT!

My car had some rather serious problems that I can't recall right now, but I do remember that after they take apart the engine to get to the bit to fix and then they gotta lift it out to fix another bit. I'm supposed to finally go pick her up for an additional $1,200 or so, we're just gonna keep what we got for a while now. (My wife hates the X5 even more than I do now. :LOL: )

I think I'm too deeply invested in this one to not see it through Mize, you know I'm too pig-headed, stupidly stubborn that way! :oops:

Sunk costs are irrelevant. I think Mintmaster would say that. MfA would possibly talk about the social obligations you have to getting rid of a lemon car (burn/crush/otherwise dismantle). Just don't tell Chalnoth because in his Right and Wrong thread, it'd definately be the wrong thing to do due to the carbon emissions and energy required to build a car and then build another one after you destroy the first.

Am I right? :p

BMW ended up coming out, picking up my car, and bringing me a loaner to use for the 3-4 days it took them to fix it. It was a busted thermostat, and they fixed it without any charge. :)

In a weird twist of reality it looks like we'll be heading to BMW tomorrow to see about trading in my wife's G37 convertible for either a 2011 335i with Xdrive or a 535, depends on how the dealing goes and what's in stock. :LOL:

BMW ended up coming out, picking up my car, and bringing me a loaner to use for the 3-4 days it took them to fix it. It was a busted thermostat, and they fixed it without any charge. :)

In a weird twist of reality it looks like we'll be heading to BMW tomorrow to see about trading in my wife's G37 convertible for either a 2011 335i with Xdrive or a 535, depends on how the dealing goes and what's in stock. :LOL:

Wow. You've had the G37 since April? May?

Back