any good used pc web shops out there?

thought i might look into a better rig to tide me over till m2 comes out.

dell has refurbished rigs, but they look high priced. (eg p4 3.4 Gz, 1G ddr2, ATi X800 was $1200) still a much nicer rig than i have now. and much cheaper than the build price of a fx60, crossfire...etc etc that will be trash in a few months compared to the new stuff.

if i could just find an rdram (i have 1G (pc 800))...agp 8x (i have 9700 pro on my 4x agp board)...p4 or amd much faster than my p4 1.4Gz...for a decent price...

i could wait till late this year to build my dream rig without languishing in the games that come out between now and then.

Cartoon Corpse said:
thought i might look into a better rig to tide me over till m2 comes out.

dell has refurbished rigs, but they look high priced. (eg p4 3.4 Gz, 1G ddr2, ATi X800 was $1200) still a much nicer rig than i have now. and much cheaper than the build price of a fx60, crossfire...etc etc that will be trash in a few months compared to the new stuff.

if i could just find an rdram (i have 1G (pc 800))...agp 8x (i have 9700 pro on my 4x agp board)...p4 or amd much faster than my p4 1.4Gz...for a decent price...

i could wait till late this year to build my dream rig without languishing in the games that come out between now and then.
www.gotapex.com
and
http://www.fatwallet.com/c/18/

Both publish deals from dell. You should find a good deal from them. If i come across something interesting ill post it. Whats your budget?

epic

well i'd like to get away with reusing my rdram (1G) and 9700 pro (8x agp)...just need a fast CPU (p4 or amd).

my current bottleneck is my 1.4Gz p4 and an 4X agp mboard that doesn't allow anything significantly faster.

what im also hearing is that the 9700pro is pretty good at stacking up against the upper crust cards out there too! i'd like a similar quantum leap in my next build rig. if i could just make it through the next 8 months. i think the timing will be right(er) than now.

my budget is actually unlimited (as far as pc's go), but im a tightwad. i was wondering if i could squeak by with a few hundred.

i could just buy that x800 rig i mentioned earlier, but feel it's a waste of money. was wondering if a used rig would be even cheaper than building a low range rig (i think so if i could use my current ram and 9700 pro)

Back