antec aria isn't that quiet

weaksauce

Regular
i've got the zalman 7000b copper on amd64 3200+ on low and antec aria psu. but it aint quiet at all. so how do i make it more quiet? theres a useless grating on the psu which i'll eventually take away but should i change the fan too or is there something else i can do?

If you decide to change the fan be very, VERY careful when you open up your PSU....the capacitors on it hold a charge even after you unplug it.

When you switch the PSU off, try hitting the power button on your computer. That will take a fair bit of the charge away. Sometimes there's enough charge that the computer appears to startup for half a second.

I have one and yep - it's pretty loud when the PSU fan spins up permanently (which is always, since the case has such poor airflow). I replaced it with an Akasa Amber 120mm (using rubber mounts) and it has made a big difference.

Are you using the supplied slot fan? It helps case temps without adding much noise.

digitalwanderer said:
That helps, but still be careful!

Capacitors make me nervous, and rightly so.
Aye, one can never be *too* careful with computer parts. :oops: But at least he won't fry in a big way.

He'll fry on a lower setting. :devilish:

Back