Amored Core 4 graphic comparisons between 360 and PS3

It may just be becouse the image is zoomed and artifacts apear such as the blocky "aura" around lights. But it may also be a heat-haze effect (the relief effect may have changed the lines to be "croky"). The 2 first image parts have no relief.
I spotted it in the first image in it's originally state. (It's just more blatant in your enlarged shot)

To me, it's as plain as the nose on my face that both versions have heat haze and the only problem might be the way the devs have decided to stop the effect when the boosters are no longer active. I have seen it in games before when you stop accelerating or whatever, the heat haze stops as well despite the fact in the real world it wouldn't.

It's definitely heat haze in my opinion.

I spotted it in the first image in it's originally state. (It's just more blatant in your enlarged shot)

To me, it's as plain as the nose on my face that both versions have heat haze and the only problem might be the way the devs have decided to stop the effect when the boosters are no longer active. I have seen it in games before when you stop accelerating or whatever, the heat haze stops as well despite the fact in the real world it wouldn't.

It's definitely heat haze in my opinion.

it has been noticed in several reviews in other cross-plat titles that the 360 version seems to have better/more haze/particle effects. I am pretty sure it's been documented that this is a strength of Xenos on some level, irrc.

From what I ve seen so far they look the same, with the difference that the PS3 version suffers from the same "washed out" high contrast colors. This makes certain details in the graphics less noticable.

I doubt any of the two versions lack anything compared to each other.

The high contrast weakens colors and details, and makes fog even more apparent, hiding farther details in the distance

From what I ve seen so far they look the same, with the difference that the PS3 version suffers from the same "washed out" high contrast colors. This makes certain details in the graphics less noticable.

I doubt any of the two versions lack anything compared to each other.

The high contrast weakens colors and details, and makes fog even more apparent, hiding farther details in the distance

Can't you just change the settings in the PS3 version of the game to make it darker?

Can't you just change the settings in the PS3 version of the game to make it darker?

I think you want to calibrate the display. My 360 and PS3 have different inputs and different calibration settings and neither looks washed out. This was a similar problem with the 360 VGA cable which also looks washed out compared to the component cable.

I am not sure. But even if thats the case it could be the same as adjusting the brightness of your TV while you have the high contrast unchanged. It will still have the same result.

But then again Todd33 may be right

Back