Amored Core 4 graphic comparisons between 360 and PS3

Anyone else seen the actual games and compared them or is this gonna be another Screenshot battle?

You mean other than the medium res WMV video linked to in the OP?? :p

It's hard to tell anything from video's because of the gamma difference though...

Wont argue the comparision description as it is from the GAF forum member not mine!;)
If you also look at the earlier shots you can see that there is actually deformation from the boosters in the PS3 version, and also lighting does affect the missile thing on it's shoulder.

The other images don't really have the level of detail to spot jaggies so that one cannot be debunked.

I am not arguing with you btw. ;) Seems to me a shot was engineered to produce the results the poster at GAF wanted.

If you also look at the earlier shots you can see that there is actually deformation from the boosters in the PS3 version, and also lighting does affect the missile thing on it's shoulder.

The other images don't really have the level of detail to spot jaggies so that one cannot be debunked.

I am not arguing with you btw. ;) Seems to me a shot was engineered to produce the results the poster at GAF wanted.

The PS3 version lacks the booster heat-haze effect, the lightning in the PS3 version doesn't fall on the shoulder rocket launcher and the robots feet. The jet engine glow is different between the two, different effect or dynamic movement of the jet engine therefore it has a different angle?

PS3 shot is cleaner, it may have anisotropic filtering or it may be manipulated with sharpening tool in image editor to make it sharper yet present more jaggies (or simply HDMI vs xbox360 default connection?). The xbox360 version is blurrier. Still the effects and haze visual affected by sharpening or not, it's there in the xbox360 shot and it's not there in the PS3 shot!;)

Fullsize,
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7291/4d4gy6fze5.jpg
AC4PS3vsXboxo360.jpg

The PS3 version lacks the booster heat-haze effect, the lightning in the PS3 version doesn't fall on the shoulder rocket launcher and the robots feet. The jet engine glow is different between the two, different effect or dynamic movement of the jet engine therefore it has a different angle?
Like I said, if you look at the shots posted earlier in the thread you can see there is heat haze at the "knee" join, and there is lighting "effects" on the shoulder rocket launcher in the other shots also.

You can clearly see both these in the first side-by-side shot

Like I said, if you look at the shots posted earlier in the thread you can see there is heat haze at the "knee" join, and there is lighting "effects" on the shoulder rocket launcher in the other shots also.

Look at the lines in the building, they are straight instead of warped like the 360 version, in full res it's obvious there's no heat haze, or at least a totally different implementation.

I see you meant the previous screenshots. I have zoomed in the part and also added the effect relief to reveal lines better.

ac41reliefHaCheck.jpg

Why are are people comparing what the graphics look like in this game? The game sucks and even if both versions looked better than Gears Of War it still would be a shitty game and this game surely isn't pushing either system to the limits graphically. If it is then :LOL:

After seeing the gametrailers video, this game does not look as bad as I was expecting. I know I have played and had fun with much worse looking giant robot games on my PC back in the 90's.

I might pick up the PS3 version if the US version is actually better than the JP version. I heard the JP version had some frame rate issues

Why are are people comparing what the graphics look like in this game? The game sucks and even if both versions looked better than Gears Of War it still would be a shitty game.

HALO 3, Crysis, KZ2 could turn out to have "shitty" gameplay, yet thoose game will be used to compare to others. Theres much talk about which machines is best and therefore people want to see how games turn out in the graphics department and compare to see if claims are true and so on.;)

We compare everything else on B3D so why can't we compare this game :D

For most knowing that PS3/360 are so close in terms of power, they (including me) like to see comparisons such as this.

Look at the lines in the building, they are straight instead of warped like the 360 version, in full res it's obvious there's no heat haze, or at least a totally different implementation.
I am not arguing that point, it isn't visible in that shot but it is in others, quite clearly so in fact.

If you look at the picture with all the markings on of so called differences, you can clearly see that the boosters are not on in the PS3 shot, but they are in the 360 shot (there is a considerable gap between the boosts and the flame in the PS3 shot which suggests that)

HALO 3, Crysis, KZ2 could turn out to have "shitty" gameplay, yet thoose game will be used to compare to others. Theres much talk about which machines is best and therefore people want to see how games turn out in the graphics department and compare to see if claims are true and so on.;)

Comparing a game that has pretty much mediocre graphics on both consoles really doesn't prove much on which machine is "best" IMO.

I am not arguing that point, it isn't visible in that shot but it is in others, quite clearly so in fact.

If you look at the picture with all the markings on of so called differences, you can clearly see that the boosters are not on in the PS3 shot, but they are in the 360 shot (there is a considerable gap between the boosts and the flame in the PS3 shot which suggests that)

There is the heat-haze effect from the booster and you see the wall lines warp (like Scooby explained in the previous page) and there there is the knees that also has heat-haze effect. But if you say you have seen PS3 screenshots with the heat-haze effect then I believe you, you may be right. I'll watch the video again and see if it is visible somewhere.:smile:

Nebula, look at the shot you've enlarged, the straight "wings" near the knee are distorted quite heavily.

Comparing a game that has pretty much mediocre graphics on both consoles really doesn't prove much on which machine is "best" IMO.

The scenes shown in the video are only the valley and the building room, it may look better in other scenes and the video has low bitrate so it's kind of blurry and detail is lost. But it shure isn't in class with other graphical heavy games.

Nebula, look at the shot you've enlarged, the straight "wings" near the knee are distorted quite heavily.

It may just be becouse the image is zoomed and artifacts appear such as the blocky "aura" around lights. But it may also be a heat-haze effect (the relief effect may have changed the lines to be "croky"). The 2 first image parts have no relief, but fine mesh effect is added for better focus with the eyes.

ac41reliefHaCheck2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to comment on something that has some correlation with what you quoted by me ;)

Perhaps I misunderstood.

You seemed to be implying this game does not "push the edge" graphically, therefore, why compare?

My response to this is: If that is the case, then either system should have no problem with the graphics and they both should be identical - yes?

Back