AMD board with PCI Express anytime soon?

I'm trying to find an AMD Socet 939 board which has PCI Express 16x slots, preferably one that can support SLI. Are any of these available yet, as I am having trouble finding one.

I think you are looking at about a month before socket 939 pcie boards are readily available in retail.

I think boards with Nforce4 and Via KT890 chipsets will feature PCIe. They are supposed to come out in a few months.

phenix said:
I think boards with Nforce4 and Via KT890 chipsets will feature PCIe. They are supposed to come out in a few months.

Story is that nForce4 and KT890 chipsets are supposed to arrive in the shops this month (mid November ?). They will be PCIe.

My guess (I'm in Europe) that they will be actually in the shops not before February/March. From what I've seen here it takes 2-3 months before you see things on the shelves in shops in volume.

I'm aiming for a S939 + PCIe upgrade mid next year. If there's an urgent need for an upgrade you could also look at S754. I think S939 with AGP doesn't make much sense right now.

Back