Affordable Airfair: Tips needed

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
I was browsing around looking for some tickets (round trips, Detroit to Seattle) for late July/early Aug. It seems I have missed most of the good deals.

I checked out cheaptickets.com and the prices I was shown were over $400 each. AA was close to $500. I would like to pay a bit less than this.

Any suggestions or tips? I know to look for midweek times and I am flexible on connecting flights, the exact days I would leave, and departure/arrival times. But $400 per person seems to be the low so far.

Any help, hints, or links would be appreciated :D

try orbitz.com they have a very neat search feature, you say about how many days you want to stay and in what time period and they do a nice search. I didnt realize you were a fellow detroiter. :) Might be cheaper if you fly out of flint or lansing. Does the destination have to be seattle? maybe a nearby city might be cheaper.

How many days do you want to stay?

epic

if you can try not to take a strait trip. Allways take a connecting if you can . As rus said stay over a saturday

And well the big one that you can't do anymore is to book way in advance , at least 4 months for the lowest fair

epicstruggle said:
try orbitz.com they have a very neat search feature, you say about how many days you want to stay and in what time period and they do a nice search. I didnt realize you were a fellow detroiter. :)

In OH actually (from Seattle though), but Detroit is only 2hrs away. Columbus is 2hrs away as well, so either way work for me.

Might be cheaper if you fly out of flint or lansing.

Will look!

Does the destination have to be seattle? maybe a nearby city might be cheaper.

SeaTac is pretty big. The other airports in the area are really really small and Portland/Spokane are a good 4-6hrs away.

How many days do you want to stay?

~14-21 days. We are flexible.

Thanks epic :D

Slightly OT:

An airlines in India offers some tickets in every flight (I think) for an astounding Rs 1 (~ .02$) if you book your tickets 2 months in advance.

Back