Activision cans a lot of high profile games

PARANOiA

Veteran
It seems like a number of games I was looking forward to (along with a bunch I was not *cough Fifty Cent!*) have just lost their publisher.

http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/brutallegend/news.html?sid=6195113

Earlier today, Activision Publishing announced a streamlining of its Vivendi Games operations, saying it would be bringing into the fold five of that company's franchises: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Ice Age, Prototype, and one unannounced game.

An Activision representative later confirmed for GameSpot that those would be the only Vivendi Games franchises coming out of the publisher. That leaves a number of high-profile projects in limbo, including Double Fine Productions' Brutal Legend, as well as Wet, Ghostbusters, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, World at Conflict: Soviet Assault, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand, Zombie Wranglers, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, as well as several Xbox Live Arcade titles.

Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend looked pretty decent, and Riddick is on many people's "want" list. I wonder what's up with this. :cry:

Looks like they' may not be cancelled, just merely shuffling to different publishing labels or companies. Ghostbusters for sure will find its way to the retail shelf, by whom is the question.

Tommy McClain

Looks like rumor-mongering. Shortly afterwards, a Sierra rep said in plain English, "Ghostbusters is not cancelled, and will not be cancelled." The game's nearly finished, it would be idiotic to cancel it at such a late stage. Same for Brutal Legend, and the demand for Riddick is too high. If Activision wants to throw away money, that's on them. Somebody else will be more than happy to pick them up.

Back