A question about NVIDIA and Stexar

Can anyone guess what nvidia has planned for the Stexar people they acquired. Fudo seems to think that is for a Nvidia cpu. (Uttar, care to share you ideas?)

Thanks!
A-

DSP, kinda sorta, AFAIK. I would tend to believe the goal is to reuse the technology throughout product lines, so while it's true GoForce might be the primary market, I don't think it's the only one. I ponder what they'll come up with archiecturally - I'm a pretty big fan of Tensilica's stuff, which NV is currently using, so it'll be interesting to follow. It'll also be very interesting to see if they keep working on DSPs longer-term. I wish I had some more reliable confirmations on this, but hey, be my guest and give me one if you know! ;)

Uttar

i really dont know what they are using them for but as you say could be dsp , if memory servers me correct thats what they were working on before.

uttar, did you see where nvidia sank 2.9 million in this company
http://www.acceleware.com

pretty interesting stuff.

also, what would nvidia use a Dsp for in its product lines? how would it help? (im not super familiar w/ dsp's)

Does anyone know who manned Stexar in the first place? I've was told that it was former Intel people, including numerous people who helped design the PPRO-PIII and P4.

Back