Can you find out for free anywhere? When I looked up my credit report they wanted to charge me for the score.

Crusher said:
Can you find out for free anywhere? When I looked up my credit report they wanted to charge me for the score.
the govermnent mandated (very recently) that every person can request 1 free credit report once a year. I think the web address is myfreecreditreport.gov (?) a quick google search should find the link.

epic

Ty said:
Wow. Because you don't have much of a credit history?
Not much of a credit history and the fact that there are 4 different creditors after me. Lol, i owe less than 450 dollars and its screwing with my loan. Called all the creditors and settled my debts, hopefully it doesnt take too long for it to show up on my credit report.

epic

epicstruggle said:
Not much of a credit history and the fact that there are 4 different creditors after me. Lol, i owe less than 450 dollars and its screwing with my loan. Called all the creditors and settled my debts, hopefully it doesnt take too long for it to show up on my credit report.

epic

You might also want to challenge some of the "hits" on your report.

Ty said:
You might also want to challenge some of the "hits" on your report.
I owed the silly buggers, its not like me to lie about it. Im sure doing what you suggested would likely be seen as a plus. I think i saw a program about how messed up the credit scoring system can be at times.

epic

epicstruggle said:
I owed the silly buggers, its not like me to lie about it. Im sure doing what you suggested would likely be seen as a plus. I think i saw a program about how messed up the credit scoring system can be at times.

epic

Yea, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I didn't mean to challenge the correct ones but many times people have incorrect "hits" on their record. Those are the ones that you should fight.

epicstruggle said:
the govermnent mandated (very recently) that every person can request 1 free credit report once a year. I think the web address is myfreecreditreport.gov (?) a quick google search should find the link.

epic

Yeah, I had looked up my credit report a while ago, but apparently the actual score is not included in the mandated free report, and the credit agencies offer it for a fee. I was wondering if you found somewhere that gave the score for free with the report.

Crusher said:
Yeah, I had looked up my credit report a while ago, but apparently the actual score is not included in the mandated free report, and the credit agencies offer it for a fee. I was wondering if you found somewhere that gave the score for free with the report.
I just ran into this like 10 seconds ago while cruising gotapex.com for deals:
Credit Report - FREE Experian Credit Report and Independent Credit Report and Score! (Posted by: Lights)
Whether you`re applying for a credit card or a mortgage, it`s always a good idea to know where you stand with your credit. There`s no bad time to check so take advantage of the free options that provide a report and score for you immediately. At the very least, check your Experian one as it is one of the big three that the whole world and your grandmother looks at.
I got mine as part of my loan package, hopefully the link above give you a good report. Also for more financial good deals/info go over to www.fatwallet.com/c/52/

epic

I don't think anyone offers a free credit score...it's usually part of some deal where you subscribe to a credit monitoring service.

Just pay the 5 or 6 bucks for the score in addition to the free credit report.

Back