5.1 Receiver Problem

Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular
So my parents bought a 5.1 home theater system from a liquidation and we finally managed to set up the thing, etc.

Anyway, the problem is that the POS only has DVD, CD and MP3 inputs in the back and thats it!

I originally wanted to use this to get 5.1 sound on my X360 games, but that uses an optical cable instead.

So is there any way for me to hook up the X360 to the receiver(which is part subwoofer btw) or theres pretty much nothing I can do? :cry:

I was quite disappointed seeing as we have two other old receivers in the house and even those have optical inputs :???:

You can most likely use use the 360's standard analog stereo output to any of the inputs you mention if worst comes to worst. The three you mention are standard red and white RCA inputs, aren't they? Better yet would be if the receiver has a digital coaxal input, in which case you can use an otptcal to digital converter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=2948&seq=1&format=2

That would hook up to a single digital RCA input, most likely colored yellow and possibly on the DVD section of the inputs or a seprate section you may have overlooked.

Sadly, theres no coax inputs either :cry:

Its a "Theater Logic L6000ti"

I am not getting alot of results on google when I looked it up. Bummer

What google turns up on "Theater Logic" seems to be mostly frustrations and warnings about someone driving around flogging utter and complete cheap crap for "bargain" prices with a reference to a website with vastly inflated RRSPs (you'll find the same stuff with several different names). I.e., if it was less than $100 it's just crap, otherwise it's a scam.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZNn_ovqFSoY

Oh snap! From what I remember, my dad said something like "the store was closing so they had to liquidize the merch for cheap" but that was 3-4 months ago so I think its abit late to file a report now.

Im going to ask him further questions once he gets home. Thanks for the link bro, im quite shocked at the findings :!:

Back