3DO M2 Thread

Discuss anything related to the 3DO M2 or the never-seen MX technology.

Some new footage of IMSA Racing (1996-1997) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeLGfeDHIYo

It's probably the most impressive I've seen of this 30fps game. Well beyond anything seen on Saturn, Nintendo64, PlayStation and 1996-1997 PC 3D video cards. Thanks to swaaye for linking to that video in another thread.

I wonder what the 3DO MX would've been capable of, Dreamcast-level graphics or even PS2-level. One version of MX had embedded RAM on the graphics processor.

Actually I was thinking that WDC looks (and looks to play) a lot better. :) But WDC is an extremely refined N64 game whereas IMSA is perhaps not so.

That IMSA video also got me thinking about games like Grand Prix Legends and IndyCar Racing II for PC. Every year a new amazing racer would come out and then next year it would be completely shown up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanna know where that nz track is?
looks to be a complete BS one
trees,buildings,landscape

graphically it does look quite nice though for 14 years ago

I'm not sure that WDC uses any real locations. There's nothing licensed in the game. The cars all have fake names too.

It's probably the most impressive I've seen of this 30fps game. Well beyond anything seen on Saturn, Nintendo64, PlayStation and 1996-1997 PC 3D video cards. Thanks to swaaye for linking to that video in another thread.

I don't know, I could have sworn I've seen more impressive racers on the PC back then, though I could be thinking of the VooDoo 2 days which was around 1998 IIRC.

Either way, that game doesn't really impress me, barely looks better than a N64 game IMO

Back