3DMark03 Bug Report...

Floppy drive does the same to me too... whirrs for a split sec when it starts up.

Thought it was normal tho for some reason. Hehe

worm[Futuremark said:
]Is the Acoustic Edge supposed to have 63+ 3D sounds support in hardware? If not, then it should only run the 2 first tests. If it still tries to run the third, it is a driver issue. Most likely in any case, it is a driver issue. Old Live! drivers let the Live! TRY to run the 60 sound test. It fails, and exits with some errors. The card doesn't support 60 hw 3D sounds. Newer drivers fix that.

Anything else? The 3DMark03 FAQ is a good place to check for info & tips on how to get some smaller problems go away.. :D

The faq might be nice if you could get on the server to read it. :)

The Acoustic Edge supports 96 voices, supposed to have them using the non wdm drivers, but 3dmark03 won't run the sound tests under win98 and if you could then you still can't submit scores from win98 it seems.

JF_Aidan_Pryde said:
I also had the problem with drive C not having enough space although I selected drive D. (The installer file was originally in C)
Please test out my "workaround". If it works for you, great! You see the problem is that the installer "forces" the installer files to be decompressed to C:, though you want to install to D:. I believe that the program still will be installed on D:, but can't be if you have less than ~600 (or is it 400? Keep mixing them up) free on C: It uses the C: as a temp for decompressing the package and... well, you know! ;)

Try the workaround. If it works, then we have a temporarily solution.

Himself said:
The faq might be nice if you could get on the server to read it. :)
:LOL: Yes I know! Try to imagine how frustrating it is to TRY to update anything? We thought we were prepared.. We were surprised once again! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Himself said:
The Acoustic Edge supports 96 voices, supposed to have them using the non wdm drivers, but 3dmark03 won't run the sound tests under win98 and if you could then you still can't submit scores from win98 it seems.
It does support most likely 96 voices using General Midi. But 96 hardware accelerated 3D sounds? That can't be right.. Most onboard "soundcards" like AC 97 don't support 3D sounds in HW at all. Could you provide some links to AE specs, so I could take a look at them? Thanks.

worm[Futuremark said:
]
demalion said:
It isn't shown at all in the search and compare search result view
It is a 3DMark03 Pro feature. You can only search by the GPU/VPU core & mem if you are a Pro user. A good reason for YOU to get the 3DMark03 Pro! ;)

No, I was talking about FSB being shown in the search and compare results (as well as project summary listing). I think limiting search ability based on FSB, and GPU core/mem is perfectly valid to encourage registration, but the lack of display in the summary smacks more of "trying to annoy you to prompt you to register" rather than "register to get more functionality."

I don't think minor-but-significant information summary display should be crippled by non-registration...even ignoring my guess that it would more likely encourage hostility (not that plenty won't feel hostility for not getting everything for free anyways...), displaying it will be like an "ad" for the missing search functionality.

demalion said:
Why is my floppy drive making that annoying sound when starting 3dmark03?
Whaaat? Hehe.. This one is new to me. I need to TRY to reproduce it here. What Floppy drive do you have? Is it overclocked? ;) Maybe a driver issue!

Don't think it is a driver issue, and my FSB is indeed overclocked to 106 (old KT133 with a Tbird). I'm using Windows ME, by the way.

Could it be searching for any files at startup?

j/k.. No, but I will try to reproduce it here. Any additional info would help!

Maybe it is a result of the detection of system specs...you're using powerstrip code for that too, right?
I sort of like one aspect of the code: it told me I had my Athlon 1.377 GHz running at 2.2 GHz once...if only it could have gotten my CPU to agree. :-?

demalion said:
Why is the powerstrip based (thanks Himself!) clock frequency detection of my card not working? Using the actual powerstrip program, the clocks are detected properly, so the authors know what to do to read it properly on my system I'd think...
That's odd! We tested on almost all cards we could get our hands on, and here it worked on all. Any additional info would be great.. :) How about a compare url link to your published project? I could then take a look with me fancy admin tool the database bois made for me! ;)

Now you went and did it...you made me post my 3dmark size on the internet! :oops:

I think I recall finding someone else with missing GPU clock speeds...since I can't access the search and compare right now to find the link for you, I'll tell you I found them by using the "near GPU and CPU score" search and compare option.

As I mentioned before, my overclocking is done via Radeonator, and powerstrip itself detects the clocks properly.

demalion said:
No, I was talking about FSB being shown in the search and compare results (as well as project summary listing). I think limiting search ability based on FSB, and GPU core/mem is perfectly valid to encourage registration, but the lack of display in the summary smacks more of "trying to annoy you to prompt you to register" rather than "register to get more functionality."
Now I see what you mean! I will take this up with our ORB team. They are pretty stressed at the moment, but I will have them to take a look at this!
demalion said:
Don't think it is a driver issue, and my FSB is indeed overclocked to 106 (old KT133 with a Tbird). I'm using Windows ME, by the way.

Actually I meant the driver thing as a joke too.. :? That is strange. I have never heard my floppy drive "crunch" when I start 3DMark03, and believe me, I have started that software more than 1000 times. ;) Will still look into this, as it is very odd.

demalion said:
Maybe it is a result of the detection of system specs...you're using powerstrip code for that too, right?

I sort of like one aspect of the code: it told me I had my Athlon 1.377 GHz running at 2.2 GHz once...if only it could have gotten my CPU to agree. :-?
Nope. The PS stuff is for GPU/VPU core and mem MHZ detection only. We know that sometimes, with certain motherboards and BIOS versions, they detect the CPU FSB and stuff like that, wrong. In all honesty, it is not our fault. If all the BIOS'es would be up-to-spec, our System Info would most likely detect everything perfectly correct. Anyway, will look into it!

demalion said:
Now you went and did it...you made me post my 3dmark size on the internet! :oops:
WHERE IS THE CAMERA WHEN YOU NEED ONE! ;) Thanks. I only need it to see your system specs. Not to measure your.. well, whatever..

demalion said:
I think I recall finding someone else with missing GPU clock speeds...since I can't access the search and compare right now to find the link for you, I'll tell you I found them by using the "near GPU and CPU score" search and compare option.
Well, as I said, it's hard to say why. All we tested worked.. We will of course have a look at them when the biggest rush is over. We need to access those servers, which are being hammered..

demalion said:
As I mentioned before, my overclocking is done via Radeonator, and powerstrip itself detects the clocks properly.
Odd. Strange. Weird. Bad charma? ;)

Darn. The installer workarond doesn't help at all. I first thought it would, but it doesn't.

The only "tricks" I have for you now is to simply make sure that you don't have the installer file on C:, and that you have all temp folders and recycle bins empty. :(

Sorry.. I should have tested this more.

As for the sound issue; I was told that the peeps are looking into the Philips sound card stuff, and will try to see if it is a driver issue or what. I hope we get some data soon..

Most sound problems seem to be driver related, so make sure you have the latest ones installed. At least SB sound cards.

Also, some peeps with ATI Radeon 8500 cards report that the benchmark quits in GT2. Get the latest drivers from ATI, and you should be home free.

worm[Futuremark said:
]
As for the sound issue; I was told that the peeps are looking into the Philips sound card stuff, and will try to see if it is a driver issue or what. I hope we get some data soon..

If it is any help, latest Seismic Edge drivers (WDM 1.89 for Win2K / WinXP) work as right as they can. (means that driver reveals 32 Direct3D sound streams which was DX8 limit afaik.) and no problmes with in demo nor sound test (only 32 sound streams test is run of course.) But same version Acoustic Edge drivers have some timing issues (sound out of sync in demo and sound test, etc.) In both cases we used S/P DIF digital output.

worm[Futuremark said:
]
Actually I meant the driver thing as a joke too.. :? That is strange. I have never heard my floppy drive "crunch" when I start 3DMark03, and believe me, I have started that software more than 1000 times. ;) Will still look into this, as it is very odd.

my Floppy starts too when i start 3DMark03. (Athlon 1800, KT133A Board some 4in1 drivers installed, WinXP SP1)

Nappe1,

thanks. The info might be of some use. Let's hope some Philips driver gurus find their way over here to make some comments! ;)

The floppy check is done when 3DMark03 starts. Reason is that 3DMark collects (or System Info) all possible HW data, and your floppy is one of them! ;) It is not really any bug, just a feature. Same as 3DMark03 (or System Info) checks your HD's and stuff.

Back