[360,PS3] Vanquish - New game from Shinji Mikami

I recently ordered this along with Bayonetta from Shopto.....game's really great, but for some reason Bayonetta's keeping me hooked up a lot more than Vanquish. I haven't even finished the first Act in Vanquish but I'm already in Bayonetta's 8 or 9th chapter, eventhough I started it after Vanquish.

Yes ! Thats true for me too ! Bayonetta is much better than Vanquish, if u ask me ! Vanquish has constrained itself by staying true to being a shooter while Bayonetta runs wild with everything being tossed in ! Bayonetta feels like it was crafted with love , as if it was something they really wanted to make ever since they got the ability to imagine. Vanquish, though fresh n refreshing, has been made for the market. They knew shooters rule the market, so they made a shooter with a little magic thrown in. But u can see they didn't want to stray too far lest they can't sell it as a TPS !

El Shaddai is what I am waiting for :D ! That one seems to bending and blending genres to suit the vision of the creator.

I reaply really hope Platinum games survives the market ! We really need a sequel to Bayonetta !

Come to think of it , Demons Souls got promoted primarily by word of mouth. Why didn't tye same happen for the excellent Bayonetta ? :???:

I didn't get Bayonatta because I can't complete the demo. ^_^

I took a leap of faith in Demon's Souls, and then found out that I can cheese all the bosses to death if I want to (Make a powerful ranged weapon). Was grinning from ear to ear when I realized that. It's one of the reasons I can recommend it comfortably to anyone. Most of Demon's Souls challenges come from the mental load/stress. You don't really need gaming talent for it. It's like a horror game sometimes especially when you get invaded for the first time.

Just picked up a copy of Vanquish. It's pretty damn good IMO. It has a similar feel to Gears, but with an taste of Project: Snowblind. Though it is hard as nails in places it's really got me hooked. Loving it so far!

I finally completed Challenge Level 5 after failing about 20 times....it felt really good!:D

Only one more Challenge level left to beat...4.

Vanquish sales would easily be double that if they had multiplayer.

Which is a real shame. The game is a real adrenaline rush once you get into the swing of things. Doing power slides passed enemies whilst unloading a clip into them and turning to finish them with a melee attack is just inspiring.

I can't perform combo in Vanquish at all. The enemies were always faster in melee than me. :devilish:

I agree Vanquish MP would be great. Konami's MGO was a missed opportunity too.

Anybody able to beat Challenge level 4? It's really really tough...seems to be more difficult than Challenge level 5 even.:mad::cry:

As for Bayonetta...personally I don't see why that game is being compared to Vanquish. Yes it was made by the same developers but it's a totally different game. It's more like DMC with little similarity to behind the shoulder TPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he said something like the bullet is actually being calculated based on distance or something when it hits the target instead of a you press the fire button and it will hit the target instantly. I don't remember exactly what he said but something like that, it was from one of the interview.

I think he said something like the bullet is actually being calculated based on distance or something when it hits the target instead of a you press the fire button and it will hit the target instantly. I don't remember exactly what he said but something like that, it was from one of the interview.
Battlefield BC2 works that way too, and there are no problems with that in MP.

We've had a lot of multiplayer games which did ballistics for bullets instead of hitscans....most games out there do both, depending on the type of gun.

How the hell would you integrate the slow-motion feature in mp though? That's pretty much what defines the game. Then there's also the pronlem that an additional multi player doesn't exactly come free for developers. I don't thiink the game had that high of a budget.

Yeah… sounds more like it. I'm wondering if mixed melee and gunplay game will work though. Metal Gears Online has that, and it's pretty interesting. You can also play different roles (e.g., Snakes, Meryl, Raiden). Too bad they completely messed up the registration, and the pace is a little slow.

How the hell would you integrate the slow-motion feature in mp though? That's pretty much what defines the game. Then there's also the pronlem that an additional multi player doesn't exactly come free for developers. I don't thiink the game had that high of a budget.
I could see it working where one does the slow motion technique, and everybody else sees the player as a fast moving character (like the flash). More than one player using it will see each other in normal speed, of course that could that bring up problems of trying to achieve all that on a console's hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back