[360, PS3] Brütal Legend

I haven't seen anything like this. Which I find strange because it seems such a perfect fit for a videogame. They can simply choose from everything that is associated with metal that's already made and put in the game. And I can't think of a more natural fit for the main character then Jack Black.

I've played the demo to death, can't wait for the full game.

Ditto, I really liked the Brutal Legend demo. Definitely getting it one once I finish up Ghostbusters.

I have to say that Brutal Legend's menu was one of the most amazing things I'd seen in a game all year.

Yeah, awesome.

I played through the demo, and liked it enough to not be fed-up with it by the time the demo ended. I wasn't even fed up with the music, which I thought I might be. That said, I was getting a feeling I'd be fed up after about an hour more. We'll see. Not in a hurry to get it.

Pre-ordered this one and just watched School of Rock and Tenacious D last night to get me heated up. Jack Black FTW! :cool:

Well picked this up on Friday, and apart from a short break to finally finish Deadspace I'm having lots of fun with it. The world is brilliantly put together and really enjoying the humour and complete silliness of the game. Not tried multi-player yet, not quite brave enough for that....

Odd marketing strategy though. How do you attract attention for your console unless this is a very common practice such that you can offer it as a checkbox feature - "More free upgrades and expansions on PS3 than any other system"? Are Sony going to convince people to buy PS3's to play Brutal Legend because the DLC will be free instead of a few dollars?!

Possibly, if we're talking about the holiday period. The PS3 version of Batman got DLC early on as well, and it was all free on PS3. This is a game that bucked the install-base trend and, as of last counting, had sold slightly ahead of the 360 version -- so it could be seen as effective.

Interesting that everyone assumes the fact that the DLC is free on PS3 because of Sony. Isn't it entirely possible that the DLC isn't free on the 360 because of Microsoft? It's a subtle distinction, I know, but not entirely unlikely, right? I seem to recall Microsoft not liking free DLC on Live? Didn't various other publishers have had issues with that before?

Actually, it's the other way around. The story (confirmed?) was that DLC could only be free on 360 if it was free on PS3.

Odd marketing strategy though. How do you attract attention for your console unless this is a very common practice such that you can offer it as a checkbox feature - "More free upgrades and expansions on PS3 than any other system"? Are Sony going to convince people to buy PS3's to play Brutal Legend because the DLC will be free instead of a few dollars?!

I think a tactic like this could be used to sway current multi-platform owners to buy a game on a certain platform (more so than as a system selling tactic).

Back