[360] Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Duck Dodgers, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Ok thanks to everyone for explaining it. I must say though that Bioware could have put little more effort to the menus, tutorials and atleast the Scandinavian manual is a joke...

I'll take part of the blame on myself though, as for example I didn't notice that you can sell items until about the fifth hour of my second playthrough :lol:

2. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

Seriously... what's wrong with this guy???

3. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Well for one its pretty clear he has never actually played Mass Effect and he wrote a long (mostly incorrect) editorial on it.

4. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

He seems to have generated some website hits in the process ;) Just look at all those comments on the article. False Journalism at its finest. :roll:

5. chroniceyestrain

Newcomer

If you could actually do that in Mass Effect it would have sold 10 million copies.

6. TurnDragoZeroV2G

Regular

After you said "don't," I couldn't help myself. Wow. So poor. :oops: I want to reinforce the recommendation to not bother with it, but...

7. Platon

Veteran

I would say a lot, or he might be just smart, Penny Arcades take on it:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080115.jpg

8. TrungGap

Regular

Fox News? They bring a whole new level to the term professional idiots.

I can't believe they're judging something without evening evaluating it...it's all hearsay. Where's the professional journalism?

9. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

*shutting out all idiocy*

I finally got around to starting off a third play-through with my primary character. He was level 59 at the start of it, and I decided to go for the hardcore achievement (as well as the medic, overload, and sabotage ones). I reached level 60 before I left the first city, which was nice, but man, I can't imagine what it would be like trying to play on hardcore before getting any of the good stuff (lvl 50+).

It's been a few weeks since I last played, so it was quite a refreshing experience. I even got to play out the beginning parts slightly differently
    I talked to Harkin in the seedy bar... and even got Wrex to join in an entirely different way. I killed Fist myself, and so I didn't meet Wrex at C-Sec and had him join there. Instead we had a bit of a conversation and I rejected Wrex from joining... I eventually accepted him by going back to that seedy bar where he was hanging out.

And I still have yet to play the rest of the game differently, as a renegade through and through. :)

I can't wait to see what the DLC will be... it was supposed to be out in December according to an IGN Australia interview.... so it must be coming soon (since it obviously hasn't come yet)

10. Mr. Domino

Regular

11. Gerry

Regular

"A cross between Luke Skywalker and Debbie Does Dallas". They should put that on the back of the box.

12. PARANOiA

Veteran

:lol: Those that have seen the game's sex scene will no doubt get a giggle out of this.

13. Daozang

Regular

:roll:What are these people smoking?:!:

14. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

A sad joke, I've seen asses, blured out nipples, genitals on naked persons, bum-bum under the sheets on day-light commercials for products/series on TV...tssss. many of those comming from USA to.....

15. scooby_dooby

Legend

I couldn't even watch that whole thing. What a joke.

What a bunch of uneducated fools. I've never seen 4 people sitting on a panel, and not a single one have a clue what the hell they are talking about.

The scary part is, this is the attention to detail that they give real news stories as well. These are the people whose 'opinions' are broadcast under the guise of journalism. Brutal.

I can't understand how so many people, can be so misinformed, and nobody corrects them. It just goes to show, that in this age of information overload, you can say just about anything, not matter how innacurate it is, and it just gets accepted as fact if it plays into someone's preconcieved notions.

16. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Well the funny part of it all is, there's no such thing as bad press. I'm sure there's a few idiots out there who are going to rush out and buy ME based on that report, hoping to get a sex simulator or something. Ultimately sales of ME are probably going to benefit from this report and others like it, however wrong they may be.

17. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Apparently so am I. I guess it was just a matter of time before we degenerated into giving a worthless site extra hits. ;)

18. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

19. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

DLC News!

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=616577&forum=123
    You'll probably need to be a forum member to see the link though, so I've copied the meat of the announcement.

Oh and one other...little...minor... tiny.... statistic: "To date, over 1.6 million gamers have explored the engaging sci-fi universe of Mass Effect."

Two new screenshots here: http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/#gal-screens

20. silhouette

Regular

Only 90 minutes!!!! :(

By extrapolating 50 point/DLC, can we assume that they are planning 4 more DLCs before ME2? :)