360 Lives Again - Anything New?

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Well, its been about a month since I had a chance to jump into 360 land again. Been packing up, moving to Canada and worrying about the 360 as it was put on the plane as a "fragile item" only to pop out with the box beaten to hell and now, after some benevolent person donated a Canadian power supply for it to me, its back up and running. Already scored a few new achievements last night :D

So, anything decent been released in the last month or anything soon coming up?

Well there's Prey, but it's on PC too, besides that not too much going on, have you checked all the demos on the marketplace?, summer is always a bit dry, but autumn is coming and so is Gears of War!!

welcome to canadaland dave :)

Chromehounds seems to be the defacto game at the moment; people are loving the online war mode.

Chromehounds, Prey, Ninty-Nine Nights Demo is pretty fun. Also Dead Rising and Saint's Row are coming out in a couple weeks :)

I think Street Fighter 2 is next week aswell?

Edit: Forgot about Lord of the Rings, MotoGP and NCAA...

Dave Baumann said:
or anything soon coming up?
Castle Crashers is on the way and looking AMAZING.

Classic side-scrolling Final Fight-type gameplay, with 3D graphics and effects, and simultaneous 4-player action.

Not sure when it'll be released, but I expect the game to be HUGELY popular. From what I've seen of it, it's got every reason to be.

Chromehounds is like crack online. The closest thing I can compare it to.... is when you were a kid and build vehicles out of Legos and then had a war with them once you were done.

I could spend all day building mechs out of scratch and altering their designs, and I usually do.

NucNavST3 said:
My son and I are having a blast playing Cloning Clyde, but of course, I loved Outpost Kaloki X from this group as well. They both suffer from the same problem though, in that, neither of them is made for the "10 foot experience" when it comes to reading the text on-screen, in Outposts' case it was mandatory, in Clydes' case its a pretty good idea for gameplay ideas.

Pretty sure the menu sizes are adjustable in Koloki.

As for new games, I'm really looking forward to Saint's Row, N3 is pretty impressive graphically with good combo's and battle system, Chromehounds is solid.

NucNavST3 said:
Greeeat! The Gamerscore whore is back :rolleyes::LOL:

Congrats bro on everything, see you soon on Live!
Thanks, so far its been fairly interesting while over here...!

And, dude, come on, whats going on - I give you a month's free reign and all you can do is this??? :p

Oh, and Chrome Hounds was one of the ones I was looking at before I left. I'll have to see if the demo is still on Live and give it a go.

heh, that's my first time seeing one of those 'blogs'... XD pretty funny stuff. i mean, not so much what the xb0x360 "says" is funny, but the fact that they have it "say" anything at all... XD pretty cute, i woulda found it great fun as a kid. also, i like your played-games list, nucnav -- reminds me of my own golden days on the atari 2600... prolly looks a lot nicer on the xb360 tho XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Baumann said:
And, dude, come on, whats going on - I give you a month's free reign and all you can do is this??? :p

Oh, and Chrome Hounds was one of the ones I was looking at before I left. I'll have to see if the demo is still on Live and give it a go.
Don't blame them, it's been a dry period. ;)

Chromehounds is damn fun, if you're a fan of the genre, but BOY HOWDY can you make some REEEEE-TARDED mechs. The customizability system in this game is quite a bit different from Armored Core (like building a Lego robot as opposed to "adding weapons to a GI Joe doll), which makes it more interesting in some ways... but completely rediculous from a design and balance standpoint. (Which is never an issue, even if you build 20m of heavy structure straight back from your spindly legs. ;) )

I picture there being a contest on the online community for building the best-functioning/worst-looking mecha. Stack 15 guns straight out to the left! Who cares? :p

cthellis42 said:
Stack 15 guns straight out to the left! Who cares? :p
You have to stay in the bounding box / sphere, though. ;)

I second the recommendation for Chromehounds, but only if you have a group of friends with which you can play online. Great game for that, though.
I even coded an Online Part Database / Hound Builder where you can select parts for your mech and it will check load / energy / ... for you. :D

Street Fighter 2 should be out on Xbox Live Arcade today, which I am very much looking forward to, even if it's just for nostalgia reasons...

Pozer said:
Chromehounds is like crack online. The closest thing I can compare it to.... is when you were a kid and build vehicles out of Legos and then had a war with them once you were done.

I could spend all day building mechs out of scratch and altering their designs, and I usually do.

Hit the nail on the head. Fantastic sleeper hit in this game.

Back