[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

Finished it last night on normal. I'm considering buying it, but I was sorta disappointed in the ending.
The only reason to buy it would be to play the dlc as I'm not sure I would replay the story mode.

Overall a really great game.

I've been playing this game this week and I just started Episode 5.

It has given the most scares/creeps/goose bumps since Resident Evil Code Veronica. I love the night time sections and I'm finding the story and more importantly how it is being told very enjoyable. I was just telling the wife last night, that if they had added random wildlife (besides birds) like rabbits, deer, wolves, etc it could have been way more scarier/intense.

It is definitely my game of the first half of this year. For reference, other really great games I played this year include Uncharted 1 & 2, GOW III, and SSFIV. My only knock against it, maybe that it will probably be too short. I am playing through with a friend's copy, but plan to buy it new just to get into the dlc Episodes.

BadTB25 said:
...I'm considering buying it...
:rolleyes:
...when even favorite games are relegated to "might buy" you know your industry is in trouble...

:rolleyes:
...when even favorite games are relegated to "might buy" you know your industry is in trouble...

Would've absolutely bought it, but a friend lent it to me for a week. Other than the dlc, I can't see too much replay value in this game.

I may buy it used and then buy the dlc to support the developers. I just can't see paying full price for the game since I've probably seen >75% of what it has to offer.

heh

I'm having a tough time trying to replay it......for gamerscore even. >_> Still :love:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm on my second "find all the collectibles" playthrough and I like it even more this time, maybe it's that I got used/better with the combat or noticing things about the story that I haven't the first time...even with all it's technical problems I love this game though tearing can still be very annoying at times. :p

Judging by that quicklook, the AW-dlc basically represents everything I did not particularly enjoy about the game, namely combat, combat and then some more combat ... and still nothing resembling some kind of satisfying closure

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up last night. Only played a little bit, but the DLC seems good with quality on par the retail game. Combat is definitely cranked up a notch, which is good or bad depending on how you felt about the combat in that game. Not sure when I'll get a chance to finish it.

I already redeemed that one, but there should be a second one that comes in the e-mail?

Back