2005 Air Show Pics from Ft Laduerdale FL

jb

Veteran
Not sure if you will care or not but I have a short little write up on the air show the have here in FL every year on the beach at Ft Lauderdale. There are some nice high res pics in here for those that enjoy seeing this type of hardware in action.

http://www.pc-gamers.net/jb/2005airshow/

Please note that I threw this page up quickly so there are a ton of typos and even one pic that is not labed right (I have group of c-130 pics when one of them is not a c130). The facts/specs were pulled right from the airshow home page so don't quote me on the detials. Just look at the pretty pics and send all complaints/flames to /dev/null :)

Enjoy!

Cool. I used to go when I lived there. The thing lasts long enough you really have to be careful of the sunburn. My sister actually had her shoulders blister one year.

I don't know if you used it, but continuous shot mode is a great camera feature for capturing planes. You can get a couple shots as they fly past. Plus, I love that the blue sky compresses great. Lots of photos fit on the memory card.

No picture of the Raptor? I've never seen one.

The C130s that have guns are known at AC130s. The newer one have Gats, Cannons, and howensers now. This is one bird you don't want circling around you.

I have only gone to one airshow, and I live in Miami. Didn't they use to have them in Miami, then the city basically wouldn't yield to a demand and they moved it elsewhere, or am I thinking of another event?

GwymWeepa said:
I have only gone to one airshow, and I live in Miami. Didn't they use to have them in Miami, then the city basically wouldn't yield to a demand and they moved it elsewhere, or am I thinking of another event?

Could be. I moved to FL about 8 years ago. And only remember the them being at Ft Lad. However I never really got into them till I went to the first one about 6 years ago...so no idea :)

Glad you liked them. Will have to save up from the 400 mm Zoom with IS so I can read the pilots helments at next year's show :)

Back