Veteran
Both on PS2

One this year, Onimusha Buraiden, Nov 2003
- Features Onimusha 1 & 2 characters

One next year, Onimusha 3, Mar 2004
- Full 3D polygon background than pre-rendered
- "Leon - the professional" is one of the main characters :eek:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/onimusha/

You can select English from the above link, but the system and date are only available in Japanese version.

I assume they will use the Devil May Cry engine for the fully-3D one... and that can only be a GOOD thing.....

now i'm really looking forward to it..... :LOL:

The PS2 keeps on surprising in the graphics department!!! :oops: :oops:

More info:

Onimusha 3 takes place in both 1582 Japan and 2004 France.

-Samanosuke is back, joined by new comer Jaques, "played" by Jean Reno.

-The connection is that the Genma suddenly invade a town in France in 2004, and somehow Samanosuke meets up with Jaques.

-The same people behind the stunning CG openings for both Onimusha 1 and 2 are back, with fim star/choreographer Donnie Yen behind the fight scene action.

-Flagship is once again behind the storyline.

-The game will now have FULLY 3D BACKGROUNDS

movie(Must see):

http://www.capcom.co.jp/onimusha/mov_le.html

new Onimusha game! Onimusha Buraiden:

4(305).jpg

1(402).jpg

2(366).jpg

3(337).jpg

5(235).jpg

8(166).jpg

7(171).jpg

Official page:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/onimusha/

And these game are exclusive for the PS2!

But I have a few questions:

- How come the gamùe also takes place in Paris in 2004 with Samanosuke??? Does he use some kind of magic to travel in time??
- The game will have a voice-over of Jean Reno? COOL!!! :D

capcom14.jpg

I see a downgrade in grafix. o_O
They should have kept it in prerender backgrounds, unless they have something up with full polygonal. Then again, with static camera, there is not much you can do with full 3D. Think DMC/Rygar and all the bad camera restrictions. :oops:

chaperone said:
I see a downgrade in grafix. o_O
They should have kept it in prerender backgrounds, unless they have something up with full polygonal. Then again, with static camera, there is not much you can do with full 3D. Think DMC/Rygar and all the bad camera restrictions. :oops:

Looks to me like a poor capture from interlaced output.

The source for the image above is the URL below

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030310/capcom.htm

These 2 shots on Onimusha Buraiden looks much nicer

capcom22.jpg

capcom23.jpg

london-boy said:
I assume they will use the Devil May Cry engine for the fully-3D one... and that can only be a GOOD thing.....

The DMC engine is actually very limited. It only looks good because the fixed cameras and heavily partitioned levels allow the artists to optimize geometry and textures for particular scenes.

Phat.

I am also a bit afraid Oni 3 might end up looking worse despite the dynamic camera. Oni 2 was a very beautiful game, there is just no chance they can replicate all that visual splendor with realtime graphics.

Still, in good caps it looks very good:

capcom11.jpg

And the movie clip does look awesome.

phat said:
london-boy said:

The DMC engine is actually very limited. It only looks good because the fixed cameras and heavily partitioned levels allow the artists to optimize geometry and textures for particular scenes.

Phat.

well it won't be Doom3 i agree but it's still no shit... i mean i'd love to play a devilmaycry-ized version of Onimusha :LOL: never really liked the action bits in onimusha, waaaaaaaaaay too slow and mechanical...

london-boy said:
well it won't be Doom3 i agree but it's still no shit... i mean i'd love to play a devilmaycry-ized version of Onimusha :LOL: never really liked the action bits in onimusha, waaaaaaaaaay too slow and mechanical...

The action looks pretty fast in the Onimusha 3 movie when samanosuke is killing a couple of monsters around him. Still have to wait a year anyway, ha ha.

VF4 EVO, FF X-2 is coming this week, Arc of the Lad on 20/Mar, the games just don't let my wallet take a rest.

*lol* seeing Jean Reno really gave me the grin of the day.. hehe.. now that's pretty cool to have him in a game.

As for the game. Well, I think it's looks quite impressive, especially in motion. Haven't played part 2 though... still, looking forward to this one.

Oh and about the Doom 3 remark.. true, although Doom 3 doesn't offer outside stages such as these... :p

well the game is not out yet and they're saying there will be some outdoor sections in dom3 so u never know... of course art direction in Onimusha would shit all over Doom3 but maybe its just me,.... :LOL:

Back