What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a break from work, and have been wyrming my way through the Skyrim DLC over the previous weekend. Made it through the main Dragonborn storyline, now I'm playing with my Vampire Lord powers as part of the Dawnguard DLC. Between the realm of the Soul Cairn and the varying realms reached from within the Black Books, I really like some of the visual styles that the team pulled off.

I find that these days even multiplatform games are way, way better on PC. A few years ago that wasn't always the case unless you ran anti-aliasing mods or driver tweaks (see my sig).

Nowadays it really shows if you are running on a nice PC vs an Xbox 360 or PS3. Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, or Far Cry 3 for example.

I think game developers are gearing up for the next generation of consoles, which means all of our DX10+ hardware will finally be put to good use.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should play some more p.c exclusives to remind yourself why we are "The Glorious P.C Gaming Master Race"

Which one? I did try Starcraft 2, but this is not my cup of tea (just not my type of game and bad graphics of this game nearly killed me). Stalker series didn't click with me either. Simulation games take a lot of time, which is problematic for me. I did play Crysis and finished it, but could not convince myself to get into Crysis Warhead as I like C2 and especially C3 way more than C1.

So which PC exclusives do you recommend? I like action, I like RPGs, FPS, lots of other stuff but no strategy games...and it should have really good graphics to attract me. Are there even any new AAA PC exclusive releases? I know that Diablo 3 is good, but here I have a fundamental problem with K/M controls for such a type of game and decided to wait for the PS4 version. I did play Dungeon Siege 3 and loved it. So, any idea?

I really use my PC this gen as a next gen quality multiplatform gamestation.

I've been playing a lot of that Hidden : Source mod recently (no, not because of Seananners, I just kind of stumbled upon it at another forum I frequent and gave it a whirl). It's such a deceptively enjoyable little mod... basic as they come but insanely fun and addictive - I'm putting in a few hours every night now, and I haven't really been playing games for a long time now, so that's no small feat.

I actually like all of the little quirks and bugs - I have a strange feeling that Beta 5 (when it eventually comes out) will probably change the game so much that it'll destroy the charm it has right now. All they need to do is fix the random crashes when you die, update the visuals a bit, and add some more weapon variety and hidden 'skills'.

Have about a million games backlogged. Think I might do Bioshock 2 then Infinite shortly as I really want to, then DiRT 2 and 3, and who knows what after that.

Bought into the BETA of Prime World: Defenders after seeing a clip of gameplay on Youtube. Wow, this has almost everything I've wanted in a Tower Defense game.

It's basically a collectable card Tower Defense game. With rarer cards (towers and magic) being harder to get.

It has a basic storyline, but I'd recommend to just skip all the story bits as the story is horrible. The gameplay, however is fantastic if you're the type who likes tower defense.

For me, it's sort of like Solitaire. I'm not a solitaire kind of person, but my dad is. He can play the same thing over and over and over again for hours on end. I find I'm like that with this. Playing the same levels over and over and over again.

Enemies on levels are random. Level tower placement obstructions are random. Enemy helper towers are random, etc. I'm sure I'll get tired of it eventually, but I've been playing the snot out of it in my free time for the past few days. Enough that it finally pushed Warframe out of my quick free time jump into the game and play for 15-20 minutes at a time sessions.

Except that it's even more of a "one more level" type of game.

Have gotten more gameplay out it at 13 USD than many 50 USD games.

Regards,
SB

Finished The Walking Dead, man what an ending! Brilliant game. Also finished Mark Of The Ninja, another awesome game. I swear I'm having more fun lately with these smaller scale games than big budget ones, both of these games were a steal at Steam prices.

Finished The Walking Dead, man what an ending! Brilliant game. Also finished Mark Of The Ninja, another awesome game. I swear I'm having more fun lately with these smaller scale games than big budget ones, both of these games were a steal at Steam prices.

Is walking dead scary as hell?

Is walking dead scary as hell?

Not really, it's more about the characters and story in this case, plus it's all cartoony graphics. I'll admit there were some emotionally strong moments in this game because it forces you at times to make tough choices. I just thought it was so well done, I think it was around 11 hours total to complete all 5 episodes.

Let myself get sucked back into LOTRO and been leveling a little hobbit guardian named Framson Proudfeet (suck it, Mord, my toon names rock!! <g>). And I just reinstalled Shogun 2 last night with all its DLC and plan on reading Frogbeastegg's guide this time and truly master this game. I might have to rewatch The Last Samurai again to get into the proper mindset (hey, beats rereading Clavell's Shogun).

IIRC the Total War Shogun games happen during Sengoku Jidai.
There are tons of movies that would get you into the mindset of that era in Japan a lot better than Tom Cruise's Last Samurai (which happens some 300 years later?).

I just finished Sleeping Dogs. That game was as a blast, I'd pay full price for a proper sequel, even though the story/ending doesn't really demand one.

Now I'm starting Hitman Absolution.

CoJ Gunslinger! Only 15 at Steam...good graphics, super fun gunplay, great way of telling the story...cool old western settings...Ubisoft is on a roll! First Blood Dragon, now Gunslinger...I love those high quality download FPS!

6h in, maybe another hour of content.

Highly recommended :)

Edit: lol, somehow a Bam was to much...now it is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back