What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should get yourself some headtracking software to go with that! I use TrackIR, but there is some freeware stuff out that tracks your eyes and can interface with TrackIR games (so no need for any homebrew hats or sticking dots to your face). I shall leave it to the power of your google-fu to find though.

edit... wait... what's that last thing? Is that an old TrackIR emitter? Mine looks very different.

The lost and the Damned ! Pretty much in the begining and this is so much better than the dull start of GTA4. But still, I will never understand why they went with this stupidly bland colour pallete for a game that wants to be a bag of fun ! :rolleyes: the visuals are so boring !

Can someone tell me how to ride with your gang properly. I mean, am using the 360 controller, and is there a way to ride alongwith ur mates. I am either in front or behind them , never in the formation.

The lost and the Damned ! Pretty much in the begining and this is so much better than the dull start of GTA4. But still, I will never understand why they went with this stupidly bland colour pallete for a game that wants to be a bag of fun ! :rolleyes: the visuals are so boring !

Considering how R* removed all of GTA SA's fun stuff in GTAIV (only to keep the crappy controls), I honestly think it never ever wanted to be a bag of fun at all.

@topic:
bought Trine 2 on Steam today. Gorgeous game. Also kinda boring. I thought the first game was significantly more entertaining because the pace wasn't anywhere near as leaden. The puzzles aren't particularly clever or rewarding, which is why I very much welcomed skipping them in the first game with my peerless grappling hook skills. This doesn't really work anymore unfortunately (or at least not to the same extent).

Considering how R* removed all of GTA SA's fun stuff in GTAIV (only to keep the crappy controls), I honestly think it never ever wanted to be a bag of fun at all.

@topic:
bought Trine 2 on Steam today. Gorgeous game. Also kinda boring. I thought the first game was significantly more entertaining because the pace wasn't anywhere near as leaden. The puzzles aren't particularly clever or rewarding, which is why I very much welcomed skipping them in the first game with my peerless grappling hook skills. This doesn't really work anymore unfortunately (or at least not to the same extent).

If you want to 'cheat' just pick wizard, lay two magical planks on each other, stand on them and grab the bottom one for a flying carpet.

I don't want to cheat. I just want more exciting and interesting gameplay. Using the grappling hook to bypass certain boring "spawn box"-puzzles was entertaining in the first game because it turned the game into more of a jump and run with a quicker pace and and emphasized skill.

That magic carpet method on the other hand is exactly what I don't want. I am also suprised that this is even possible.

Anyway, bought Saints Row The Third for a mere 16€ a couple of days ago and I'm having a blast with it. I just love how the game cuts out all the boring crap that usually plagues open world games while dialing up all the fun bits way past 9000.

After playing a bit of call of duty I realized I had none of the old medal of Honour games (allied assault, spearhead, breakthrough) installed so i installed em ;)
While digging out the dvd's I found my Diakatana cd and I'm thinking should I risk it...
I also found my Alpha Black Zero cd but I'm not that brave

Have downloaded GTA:San Andreas from the GTA pack I bought, want to see whats so cool about it since I got so bored with GTA4. WIll fire it up now.
ALso, since my love ,my BF3 is up and running again after days of stoopid trouble, I am back in it. Just Rank 2 till now but thats cos I never got to play it properly till now. On the PS3 I was level 7 I guess or 8, but my PS3 died :( ! Somehow the B2K maps were more enjoyable on the PS3 and the Vanilla BF3 maps are more enjoyable on the PC.

I'm playing the rFactor 2 beta at the moment and loving it. Graphically it's nothing special, but it's good enough for me when I use 1x2SS + 4x in game AA. Stereo3D is spot on too, but still waiting on TrackIR support in a future beta update. The driving though.... LOTS of fun. It's a huge update in physical modelling since rFactor 1, and their work has paid off. It feels really good, and I love their new force feedback system. They've done a few tracks already, but the standout one for me is a sixties version of Spa. I can spend half an hour just cruising round there enjoying the road without even worrying about lap times or tyre temps. When I do push it though, wow it's a handful. This is not the well cared for smooth tarmac we're used to! The new force feedback lets you feel every bump.

Besides that I'm a very late comer to online Starcraft. Started playing SC2 a couple of weeks ago thanks to randomly watching some Day[9] vids where his enthusiasm for the game sold it to me. For some reason with my one placement win it's put me in the silver league. I tend to lose! Strangely it's still fun though... usually. Tried my first 2v2 last night and started off apologising to my ally saying that it was my first placement game, so don't expect much from me.... ended up carrying him for 45 minutes until we were eventually overrun. I play Terran - though I can see myself playing the other races soon just to learn a bit more about them.

BF3 still gets the lions share of my gaming time though, but that's because I play with clan-mates. I'm in the process of trying to migrate a few of those to also being rFactor 2 and SC2 buddies. Loving inf-only servers where anyone killing someone with M320 and RPG gets automatically insta-killed, and then kicked if it happens again. Makes the game a lot more fun for me. I tend to use the M320 smoke rounds rather than med-packs now - and occasionally I hit someone direct and that kills them (and me), which is a shame, but not having to suffer spammy, no-skill weapons for the rest of the game more than makes up for it.

When it's time for the missus and I to play together, we either play Skryim or Trine 2 in 3D.. both of which look amazing, and support 360 pads so are good games for us to put our feet up to. The worst part is having to wait for each other to both be free at the same time. We've both been tempted to play a bit on our own, but we've been pretty good so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back into LOTRO, levelling my rune keeper now. Tried levelling my burg, but after getting a minstrel and champion (both high dps classes) to the cap of 75, it's not a lot of fun to take a lower dps class through the content at a slower rate. Tried my captain, my warden, the burg, and gave up on all of them. So took the RK from 65 to 68 over the 3-day weekend.

I have been playing put my game cd's in the correct order.

genre - sub genre - developer - date
eg:
flight sims - planes - digital image design -- tfx -ef2000 - super ef2000 - f22 adf - f22 red sea ops - f22 total air war - eurofighter typhoon

my cd rack holds 480 cd's with about 470 places full, and as its a rack that holds each cd individually if i find a cd that needs to go in between the first and second cd I have to move 469 cd's down by one space
and that happened to me about 4 times Grrrr :(

I have been playing put my game cd's in the correct order.

genre - sub genre - developer - date
eg:
flight sims - planes - digital image design -- tfx -ef2000 - super ef2000 - f22 adf - f22 red sea ops - f22 total air war - eurofighter typhoon

my cd rack holds 480 cd's with about 470 places full, and as its a rack that holds each cd individually if i find a cd that needs to go in between the first and second cd I have to move 469 cd's down by one space
and that happened to me about 4 times Grrrr :(

lol
I like order, but I think you're worse than me.
Also explains why I went digital as much as possible, sorting is a single click ;)

Call of Juarez: The Cartel. Wow. This is bad. Like really bad compared to the past 2 games which were entertaining. I'm so glad I didn't buy this. Playing it through a friends Steam account. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother finishing it.

Regards,
SB

Call of Juarez: The Cartel. Wow. This is bad. Like really bad compared to the past 2 games which were entertaining. I'm so glad I didn't buy this. Playing it through a friends Steam account. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother finishing it.

Regards,
SB

Thanks for heads-up, I didn't like trailers and from what you say I won't like game itself.
Good, some money saved for quality games, or at least fun games :smile:

Oh, and while I'm writing this post why not share which games I'm playing? :p

- Battlefield 3 (engaging and beautyfull)
- Bulletstorm (fun fun fun and pretty!)
- Defensegrid (I know it's old but it's great!!)
- Oblivion (trying to finish)

Mafia 2. Gorgeous lighting and nice graphics otherwise. Fun gameplay and once you get into it, a pretty engaging story too. Overall great game so far.

Also playing Lego Harry Potter with the girlfriend since it's one of the few split screen PC games out there. Wish there were more, it's so easy with a couple of 360 pads and the PC plugged into the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back