What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine specific? That's a weird way to do it. So some company licenses Source for their game, you get banned in it, you can't play Half Life 2 anymore?

Only if it uses the same core files, I believe. i.e. not copies, but uses things from the source folder, or whatever it's called.

For one I would prefer Steam to ban whole account if someone is cheating on regular basis.
I play quite a bit of Crysis 2 and of course Crytek is a bunch of monkeys who can't write good MP code. There is loads of cheaters, some of them use obvious auto-aim or speed-hacks others just top up they suit abilities.
I have no regard for such people and if decision would be mine I ban them from every game they play online.

Somehow I must of angered the Gaming Gods, for today I found Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines in a charity shop for £1. What a cruel punishment they have inflicted upon me......

Somehow I must of angered the Gaming Gods, for today I found Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines in a charity shop for £1. What a cruel punishment they have inflicted upon me......

It's not that bad... I never understood why that game gets so much hate. It's bland. That's all it is. Bland.

Now, Terminator 3: Redemption... that's a bad game.

It's actually Terminator 3 - War of the Machines (no doubt my subconscious trying to erase it from my memory )

from gamesspot :
"Additionally, it appears that the developers have neglected to include death animations. When you kill an enemy, it stiffly falls over on its back or face. (If you can just imagine pushing a mannequin over, you have a good idea of what death animations in Terminator 3 look like.)"

"Terminator 3's sound effects are probably even worse than its graphics"

"We also managed to get vehicles stuck on top of burning trash cans and in first-story window frames, which should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the physics in the game. Terminator 3 seems to also have trouble with collision detection. Enemies don't react to taking fire, and, in many cases, rockets and lasers will actually blatantly pass right through character models and hit the ground behind them."

"There is no single-player campaign in Terminator 3: War of the Machines. From the menu, you're simply presented with a list of the game's 12 maps and are given no other options. You aren't allowed to play against the computer in team deathmatch or mission-based modes, as, apparently, the game's AI is programmed to only handle the termination mode, which is basically the same as Battlefield 1942's conquest mode"

"It's not often that we run into a game that has so little redeeming value, but Terminator 3: War of the Machines fits the bill. With its lackluster graphics and sound, poorly designed maps, shoddy network code, and no online community support whatsoever from its publisher, Terminator 3 should have been terminated long ago in the production process. "

Gamespot score 2/10

You're trashing it, but have you actually played it? I'm a bit confused with the phrasing of your original post.

Really, I played it when it was new, and while I wasn't impressed... I just don't see the hate.

Yes, I have played it and it was horrible
are you confusing it (like I did) with Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines (despite the youtube vid title it was also a pc game)

Terminator 3 - War of the Machines (reminds me very much of mobile forces)

Yes, I have played it and it was horrible
are you confusing it (like I did) with Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines (despite the youtube vid title it was also a pc game)

Terminator 3 - War of the Machines (reminds me very much of mobile forces)

...Yup I'm an idiot. Never mind!

I'm replaying STALKER (the original and best) with the 'complete mod', trying to finish it in time for BF3 when all other games will take a back seat for a year or two, apart from maybe rFactor 2.

I really didn't think I could enjoy STALKER fully again. The sequels didn't do it for me, and I thought that the impact would be lost after all this exposure. I have to say I'm 99% as immersed as I was the first time round. Can't beat that first playthrough feeling, but I still feel like I'm almost living that game rather than playing it. Most immersive SP game ever for me.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Picked up the PC version for 10 bucks and boy is it just me or is the game the best looking out of the entire series so far?

Assassin's Creed 2, Bastion (again ^^), The Witcher 2, Wings of Prey, Grandia 2 (again ^^).
I have about 12 games to play. ^^

Oh crap, I'd forgot about that game what with all the other great stuff coming out. Really looking forward to it, as long as it doesn't run like a dog on my PC like the last one did.

Just finished Titan Quest and its expansion 1.5 times
i played titan quest finished it and then played the expansion expecting it to be a separate campaign because it installs in a separate location and has a separate exe
but no its the original game plus an added bit (imagine buying morrowind then bloodmoon where bloodmoon is a separate install containing mowwind and bloodmoon)
so when i run titan quest expansion i have to go thorough the original campaign again untill I get to the new stuff which is at the end (it does let you import your char though)

And i picked up and sold every single piece of junk that was dropped....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back