Asked a question and got crap responses

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
YAY for oh-so-full-of-shit students screaming rubbish in my ear.
All I wanted to know was what uses does area have in computer graphics and in computation and all I got was crap about "It's used in CAD" and something about stem cells.

I didn't even ask them, I asked the teacher but I couldn't hold the conversation because of all the class yelling crap answers to me.

Anyway I thought I'd actually ask educated people about this, so Beyond3D came to mind.
What uses does area have in computer science?
Things like AI, image processing, computer graphics and things like that?

Well obvious ones are movie FX. Other uses are medical imaging, computer simulations for various fields of computing like space, aeronautics, automotive, geological, etc.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Ask a "crap" question, get a "crap" response.
Sorry Kruno, I've no idea what you are asking.:cry:
Do you mean "In what fields of research/development does computer graphics have a use?"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where it can be used in computing.

" Do you mean "In what fields of research/development does computer graphics have a use?"?"
"Area" can be used in many areas. A better question is, where in computer graphics is area used?
Appart from oct trees.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I don't know where it can be used in computing.

" Do you mean "In what fields of research/development does computer graphics have a use?"?"
"Area" can be used in many areas. A better question is, where in computer graphics is area used?
Appart from oct trees.
When you write "area" as in "where in computer graphics is area used?" that implies, to me, what functions require the bulk of the silicon.

My question sucks.
At the time we were doing double integrals to find the area between various shapes and curves.
I really want to know how many more uses does area have.

K.I.L.E.R said:
My question sucks.
At the time we were doing double integrals to find the area between various shapes and curves.
I really want to know how many more uses does area have.
Well. Stop saying area and start saying integral/integration/calculus! ;)

Off the top of my head, this could include AA and lighting.

That's what I want to hear. Thanks. :)
I would definitely love to hear more about this.

Simon F said:
Well. Stop saying area and start saying integral/integration/calculus! ;)

Off the top of my head, this could include AA and lighting.

K.I.L.E.R said:
All I wanted to know was what uses does area have in computer graphics and in computation and all I got was crap about "It's used in CAD" and something about stem cells.

I didn't even ask them, I asked the teacher but I couldn't hold the conversation because of all the class yelling crap answers to me.

Anyway I thought I'd actually ask educated people about this, so Beyond3D came to mind.
Stay calm, and ask them again until you get a comprehensible answer. And thank the person who gave you that.

If nobody does, research it yourself, and just tell them, in class, whenever appropiate.

That's what I did. ;)

"There are no stupid questions. Only incomprehensible answers and ignorant listeners."

- Me.

K.I.L.E.R said:

I know exactly how you feel.

The same thing happens to me often.

Back