amd 2400g cannot drive a 4k display and 2560x1080 at once?

Sxotty

Legend
Can a 2400g support both at once (one on DP with HDMI adapter and the other HDMI)? It seems like no is the answer, but I did not find it.
I am surprised that this is not something that is easier to find. When I google it I get results from intel about their igp and what it supports along with a bunch of vague forum posts.

My graphics card (950) was not working properly, though I am not yet sure the exact problem. I was having massive lag/hiccups in regular windows use. I would be typing and computer would freeze and then the sentence would appear. It was like it was going to sleep. I did a lot of things and eventually pulled the graphics card and that solved the issue. So I am stuck on the integrated graphics for now and apparently perhaps with a single monitor :).

Can a 2400g support both at once (one on DP with HDMI adapter and the other HDMI)? It seems like no is the answer, but I did not find it.
I am surprised that this is not something that is easier to find. When I google it I get results from intel about their igp and what it supports along with a bunch of vague forum posts.
Check your motherboard's manual.

Check your motherboard's manual.
I would think it would be processor specific since that is where the GPU is, but dang if you're not right.
Though it says:
manual said:
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort ports
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB (for iGPU exclusively)

So that would mean if I connect the TV to the display port and the monitor to the HDMI it should work right?

I would say it should certainly be able to drive 2 displays at once whether it can do the particular resolutions you want is unknown
how about emailing amd tech support or maybe they have a forum?

ps: I know different versions of hdmi have different resolution limits and also the type of cable can limit you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#:~:text=The maximum pixel clock rate,across a single digital link.
It wasnt the cables, but I think that perhaps swaaye had it right. I stuck the 950 in though and it behaved similarly till I hooked the monitor to dvi and the tv to 950. If I try the IGP again I will do it with TV on the display port and see if that does make the difference.

Update:

So after all the falderall I think the answer is incredibly simple. I think the display port to HDMI adapter I purchased on Amazon is at fault.

I cannot display 4k on the TV or 2560*1080 for full widescreen on the adapter.

The 950 worked as I used the DVI->HDMI for widescreen and HDMI for 4k.

The IGP did not work b/c neither screen could be run with the adapter. This makes so much more sense and I do not realize why it took so long to figure it out.

I have a slim tower with Intel i5 6500 / HD 530 and it only has 2x Display Port. It's a bummer because to run DP to DVI/HDMI at > 1080p you need one of those active adapters that cost a bit.

But anyway, with an IGP the motherboard implements the outputs and they don't necessarily spec you out with all the IGP's capabilities.

Last edited:
Back