Something less serious: Games you looked forward to but never made it...

Wait, Starcraft Ghost was cancelled? I thought it was just in development limbo...oh well, another Adventures of Thrall I suppose. (or was it called Warcraft Adventures?)

Fallout 3, I'd have to say, is very missed.

I seem to recall dumping about a hundred bucks into Goddamn Shenmue, but as far as I know, they never actually started production on Shenmue 3, so I guess that doesn't really count.
I remember being pretty pissed when they cancelled the Half-Life Dreamcast port. I had that sucker preordered almost from the day I bought my Dreamcast. Then they delayed it again and again, up until the point the DC tanked. I remember Randy Pitchford did an interview on IGN, reassuring everyone that Half-Life was coming out for DC despite rumors that it might not, and then I got the email informing me that bla.. blaa..

I was looking forward to the next Sam and Max game from Lucasarts, which later got canned. Fortunately the original creator is developing a Sam and Max game with another studio.

I was looking forward to starwing2 / starfox2 on the SNES. It got canned, but you can play the incomplete rom through emulators which I think is kind a cool.

Though it doesnt do that much. !

To be honest, the games I always were looking forward to the most were

Daytona USA 2 arcade

(never got put on to consoles, and to this day cant understand why)

and Scud Race arcade,

(loved that game and it never made it to consoles either, shame).

Back