Nvidia "Tritium" GPU?

Dunno. Looks like something to do with leveraging the NB/SB link as well as PCIe interconnectivity to increase SLI awesomeness.

Edit - so how is this different from NF4 SLIX16?

Last edited by a moderator:
MuFu said:
One proton, two neutrons.

Hmm. That's a more interesting take. Sage, anyone? ;)

Edit: Whups --should have actually looked at the link first. That often helps. . .

Bad Babelfish translation:
NVidia could new generation of nForce the AMD platform the official naming be the nForce 500 series, and the plan and the AM2 processor also issued, the chip code number will be MCP55 and can contain by lowers to the high step different market, for example main attack low step nForce 550 (MCP55S), main attack mainstream market nForce 570 (MCP55-Ultra), will support SLi technology nForce 570 SLi (MCP55P) and supports double x16 cartography connection high step SLi platform nForce 590 SLi (C51XE + MCP55 XE), nForce 590 SLi will be able to play family's request in the hypothesis in view of the ultra frequency to make the improvement.

According to a Taiwan main engine board merchant will disclose that, nForce 590 SLi sells besides its pair of x16 cartography connection, its internal design uses compared to the AMD normal specification high makes the standard, has not added under the voltage in the chip group to be able to have the enormous ultra frequency potential, moreover nVidia also proposed the Trutium platform indignantly reads, when "Tritium" the MCP chip group matches 撘 "Tritium" GPU, will be allowed North Bridge, Sooth Bridge and the PCI-E time arteries operation to is even higher than normal specification high 1.3 times, will provide the higher transmission frequency wide speed. Temporarily only knows nForce 590 SLi to be able to reach to the Tritium MCP authentication, but GPU aspect then temporarily has not announced. Moreover, the famous ultra frequency memory body merchant disclosed that, nVidia also proposed Tritium DIMM indignantly reads, the memory body merchant like passed the Tritium specification and the compatible test, namely the performance uses in the Tritium platform has the certain guarantee to the ultra frequency ability and the compatible aspect.

It doesn't sounds particularly revolutionary - SLIX16 with an overclocked HT bus (x1.3) between the NB/SB, with the additional possibility that the whole HT and memory subsystem will run at this "Tritium-certified" speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A triple-processor board product doesn't seem very likely to me. For one, it's hard enough to produce a board that can fit two chips on it, let alone three. Hell, nVidia's dual-chip products lately have been splitting the chips between two PCB's that connect to the same PCIe slot, and it would seem silly to put two chips on one PCB, but just one on the other.

Then there's the software side of things. The load balancing would be a real bitch with a 3-GPU setup, let alone a dual 3-GPU setup.

No, I'm willing to bet that this is either incorrect or an inaccurate marketting name.

A slightly further-out possibility would be one with a slightly closer analogy to actual tritium: two of one thing (GPU's), and one of something else (?).

Chalnoth said:
No, I'm willing to bet that this is either incorrect or an inaccurate marketting name.

If they have chosen "Tritium" because of the 1.3x increase I will... well, I don't know what I will do. Probably make a noise like *hnnngggg...*

A slightly further-out possibility would be one with a slightly closer analogy to actual tritium: two of one thing (GPU's), and one of something else (?).

I think that's it. Two GPUs + Magic = Tritium.

Or maybe it is a new name scheme like intel VIIV or centrino.... as if you get all 3 things you will get sticker of 'Tritium' on your pc :???: Like Tritium system for the top gaming experience :rolleyes:

MuFu said:
If they have chosen "Tritium" because of the 1.3x increase I will... well, I don't know what I will do. Probably make a noise like *hnnngggg...*

I think that's it. Two GPUs + Magic = Tritium.

I said "Sage" upstream, didn't I? Yes, I did.

Well, maybe not literally (tho kinda interesting idea for DX10).

They had a patent awhile back for SLI that kept referring to a "coprocessor" that didn't seem to be another gpu. . .

I'm guessing it's two GPUs and one CPU that makes the "Tritium" combination. Of course, by the sounds of it everything will be overclocked too.

Back