FFXII goes platinum....

The numbers I've seen say 1.7-1.8m

1.4m would be kind of disappointing as far as a top shelf FF game goes.

Ow sh*t, well you know what they say about eyes getting fuzzy when you have too much ... hmm nevermind.

1.7 million is even better. I read somewhere S-E needs to sell at least 2.5 million copies to make profit.

Moonblade said:
Ow sh*t, well you know what they say about eyes getting fuzzy when you have too much ... hmm nevermind.

1.7 million is even better. I read somewhere S-E needs to sell at least 2.5 million copies to make profit.

It wouldn't surprise me, FFXII was probably silly expensive (long development, lots of cgi, etc).

They'll probably get close to 2.5m (maybe pass it with releases and such over time) in Japan alone. NA + EU will probably be another 3-4 million.

Bobbler said:
They'll probably get close to 2.5m (maybe pass it with releases and such over time) in Japan alone. NA + EU will probably be another 3-4 million.

It wouldn't surprise me, as it has been only for sale for 4 days in that week. I fully expect them to sell close to 500k next week. So they'll definitely sell 2.5 m in Japan alone.

So this game cost over $125 million dollars? Wow! It's not hard to believe though. They will past 2.5 million very very easily.

Those 1.4m are first day sales, the 1.7-1.8 are sales after four days. Let's hope the German version is out before the PS3 release or I wont have enough time for full attention to this game. :D

Fredi

mckmas8808 said:
So this game cost over $125 million dollars? Wow! It's not hard to believe though. They will past 2.5 million very very easily.

How did you get to 125 million? 2.5 * 50 dollars? That's silly... Remember that the profit is just a fraction of a game's shelf price. :smile:

Bobbler said:
It wouldn't surprise me, FFXII was probably silly expensive (long development, lots of cgi, etc).

If it sells as much as Final Fantasy X then it should sell between 7-8 million worldwide. But then again it is in a similar position to Final Fantasy IX.

london-boy said:
How did you get to 125 million? 2.5 * 50 dollars? That's silly... Remember that the profit is just a fraction of a game's shelf price. :smile:
Yeah, thats just crazy.
Should be at least 2.5M * 60, since the game retails for ~$77 for the normal and >$100 for the premium. Publisher gets the lions share ;)

london-boy said:

Must be. Because 125 million is way too high, even for a big budget game. 125m would be a new record.

Hours is probably an exageration, my generous esitmate would be a little over an hour. I'm not sure where the 2.5 to break even comment comes from, if anyone can maybe find a cource on that? I've heard that they expect to sell around 2.5 million with the first edition as it were. Of course they probably won't ge any re-release editions with added content to boost those numnbers, like X did.

Zen said:
Hours is probably an exageration, my generous esitmate would be a little over an hour. I'm not sure where the 2.5 to break even comment comes from, if anyone can maybe find a cource on that? I've heard that they expect to sell around 2.5 million with the first edition as it were. Of course they probably won't ge any re-release editions with added content to boost those numnbers, like X did.
Sorry, didn't know. I've never played through a Final Fantasy game.

No way this game cost 125 million. Even with it being delayed two years. Even with FF being pretty much the biggest budget franchise around. There is a lot of CGI in the game, and it is of pretty ridiculous quality, but there isn't enough to bump the game up that high.

FFX was supposedly in the 40 million range.

Too Human is next-gen and is at ~100 million for /three/ games (supposedly).

Serenity Painted Death said:
FFX was supposedly in the 40 million range.

If FFX was 40 million, I'd say it is a safe bet that FFXII costs are probably close to that sum as well and not more than triple.

Even at 40 to 50 million thats still alot. Imagine how much FF XIII will cost on the PS3.

Hey guys would FFIII cost less than FF XII if they use real-time video instead of CGI?

mckmas8808 said:
Even at 40 to 50 million thats still alot. Imagine how much FF XIII will cost on the PS3.

Hey guys would FFIII cost less than FF XII if they use real-time video instead of CGI?

No because you still have the team which will still be insanely huge. I mean for FFX, they were around 370. FFXII is certainly in the same range and development time was twice longer. Kitase said if they wanted to remake FFVII, they would need a team with 500 persons there. Obviously It is tied with a longer development time, so more and more money needed.

msia2k75 said:
Kitase said if they wanted to remake FFVII, they would need a team with 500 persons there.

OMG WTF?!?:oops: Are you freaking serious? That's crazy. I'm not expecting a FF XIII until the year 2009 now.:cry:

Back