UT2007 ps3 video?

Nesh said:
You mean the video with the vehicle running in the city?
I don't know if the video is new, but the demo itself is pre E3 2005 and there were videos from it on the net. I think I still have it on my HDD. You can better appreciate the details on this one, though.

RedBlackDevil said:
nope
the video with a war-car in the city (after you see the top of old buildings and the sea)
was labeled "gears of war"
After?Now I am confused.Some part of the video is Unreal Tournament content and the remaining was content put into Gears of War?Or do you mean that that at the end of the video they confirmed that the full video was demonstrating Gears of War?
This is the video right?
http://files.filefront.com/Unreal_tournament_2007_PS3_5avi/;4827315;;/fileinfo.html

Well they sure f***** up with the file's name there.Someone who didnt know like me would have thought this was Unreal Tournament2007.

Jacob said:
I don't know if the video is new, but the demo itself is pre E3 2005 and there were videos from it on the net. I think I still have it on my HDD. You can better appreciate the details on this one, though.
Indeed that was an extremely impressive video

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the video linked in the first post is GoW, not UT2007?
Then, why is it not widescreen if it's from xbox360 GoW, haven't all the other GoW videos been widescreen?

If it's from UT2007, it would probably be from PC version, thus 4:3.

rabidrabbit said:
So, the video linked in the first post is GoW, not UT2007?
Then, why is it not widescreen if it's from xbox360 GoW, haven't all the other GoW videos been widescreen?

If it's from UT2007, it would probably be from PC version, thus 4:3.
It's neither. This is an Unreal Engine 3 demo. The assets may have been created for use in Gears of War and/or UT 2007, but this is mainly a demonstration of the level stream loading of data, allowing for large locales without stopping to load new data. I believe this was done on a PC running SLIed 6800 Ultras, but it could have been 7800 family GPUs or other. Not sure.

EDIT: However, most of the early UE3 demos seem to have predominantly used Gears of War assets, so perhaps it is fair to say it is GoW even though it may not be completely representative of gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBlackDevil said:
I'm not sure as you are
closed platforms have always better performances, and sli is not a perfect multiplier
maybe 4 gpu (remember that 2 gpu are in a single board, they share memory access) will perform 2-3x the single card, is that enought to fill the gap with the closed, optimized platform, cell spu, memexport, core locking?

I'm not sure, maybe yes, maybe not
personally I think that a quad sli can run the game at higher resolutions, but at the HD resolution I really don't know if the pc will have the more stable performances

If simply being a closed platform could make up for a 2-3x GPU performance advantage then the original xbox would be performing like a 9800pro. Resolution/framerate and all.

Im pretty confident that a single 7900GTX system will handle the game equally or better than the PS3 if coupled with a good CPU and possibly a PPU if the game stresses cell in that area. In all likelyhood the game will be GPU bound though just like any other high end game.

Anyway, couldn't G80 be out by the time PS3 launches?

pjbliverpool said:
If simply being a closed platform could make up for a 2-3x GPU performance advantage then the original xbox would be performing like a 9800pro. Resolution/framerate and all.

Im pretty confident that a single 7900GTX system will handle the game equally or better than the PS3 if coupled with a good CPU and possibly a PPU if the game stresses cell in that area. In all likelyhood the game will be GPU bound though just like any other high end game.

Anyway, couldn't G80 be out by the time PS3 launches?
Except that you would never play a FPS on PC at that resolution.

nintenho said:
Except that you would never play a FPS on PC at that resolution.

What resolution? 720p? Thats what I used to play at when I had my CRT and what I would play at if I had a widescreen LCD that didn't support the next step up from it (well 1280x768 anyway).

Perfect PC settings for me are 1900x1200 with 4xTSAA/16xAF. Thats good enough for me to describe as perfect image quality. Beyond that and a locked 60fps, I would want any extra power to go into the core graphics. I don't think any single PC GPU is at that level yet though for all games. In fact no dual setup is either and I doubt Quad SLI'd 7900GTX's could manage it in games like FEAR (with soft shadows) and CoD2, let alone Oblivion and UT2007. We have a long way to go!

pjbliverpool said:
What resolution? 720p? Thats what I used to play at when I had my CRT and what I would play at if I had a widescreen LCD that didn't support the next step up from it (well 1280x768 anyway).

Perfect PC settings for me are 1900x1200 with 4xTSAA/16xAF. Thats good enough for me to describe as perfect image quality. Beyond that and a locked 60fps, I would want any extra power to go into the core graphics. I don't think any single PC GPU is at that level yet though for all games. In fact no dual setup is either and I doubt Quad SLI'd 7900GTX's could manage it in games like FEAR (with soft shadows) and CoD2, let alone Oblivion and UT2007. We have a long way to go!
Yeah, but you should sacrifice max detail and AA for the sake of resolution in an FPS since the resolution affects the gameplay a lot.

nintenho said:
Yeah, but you should sacrifice max detail and AA for the sake of resolution in an FPS since the resolution affects the gameplay a lot.

I would happily sacrafice FSAA for resolution if my monitor supported it because they do basically the same thing but resolution has added benefits.

However no I wouldn't want to sacrafice max details for resolution beyond a certain point. I would prefer to have both but I put more emphesis on details features. Of course its always a balance though and im sure the trade off would be different in different games.

pjbliverpool said:
I would happily sacrafice FSAA for resolution if my monitor supported it because they do basically the same thing but resolution has added benefits.

However no I wouldn't want to sacrafice max details for resolution beyond a certain point. I would prefer to have both but I put more emphesis on details features. Of course its always a balance though and im sure the trade off would be different in different games.
Would you rather have max details at 720P or medium details at 1600x1200?

nintenho said:
Would you rather have max details at 720P or medium details at 1600x1200?

I think that 1600x1200 should be 1920x1200 since 720p has the advantage of being widescreen which I prefer.

So would I prefer max details at 1280x768 or medium details at 1920x1200?

It would depend completely on the difference between those detail levels but generally I would go with the details and lower res. But I would rather have both at a solid 40fps than the lower res and max details at a solid 60fps.

New pics and interview

ut2k716az.jpg

ut2k729oq.jpg

ut2k735zo.jpg

Interview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705574p1.html

Good read, though it is kinda weird Epic seems kind of unsure about the online standards because Sony hasnt let them know yet, then again they do have 6 months to implement it, if it is going for launch. Im surprised IGN didnt ask them about mouse and keyboard support for PS3.

Bad_Boy said:
Good read, though it is kinda weird Epic seems kind of unsure about the online standards because Sony hasnt let them know yet, then again they do have 6 months to implement it, if it is going for launch. Im surprised IGN didnt ask them about mouse and keyboard support for PS3.
Thats f*ck*ng sweet!

If that runs at constant 45fps or above I ll be damn amazed. Playing Gears of War quality graphics with smooth framerates *drool*

Nesh said:
Thats f*ck*ng sweet!

If that runs at constant 45fps or above I ll be damn amazed. Playing Gears of War quality graphics with smooth framerates *drool*

Why 45? i think that would create screen tearing. Might as well keep it at 30 if they can't get it to 60.

Bad_Boy said:

Did Sony say the online service will be ready at launch during the GDC conference?

expletive said:
Did Sony say the online service will be ready at launch during the GDC conference?

They said it would launch with the system.

I don't think UT2007 will be, anyway.

It sounds more like he's waiting for Sony to confirm or greenlight certain things (i.e. content regulation for mods and downloadables etc.), rather than that he is concerned about technically having things ready by a specific point in time.

Back