New "Too Human" Interview

I like the idea with gods and robots, but to be honest, I think the superduper-hero in rediculous red makes it too unserious. I don't think they'll keep a good story with that.. But maybe I'm wrong, I haven't played their previous games.

I'm downloading the interview now, but how is the gameplay going to be?

weaksauce said:
I like the idea with gods and robots, but to be honest, I think the superduper-hero in rediculous red makes it too unserious. I don't think they'll keep a good story with that.. But maybe I'm wrong, I haven't played their previous games.

They said the gameplay is really fast and twitchy, which is surprising to me because Eternal Darkness wasn't like that at all. From what I know about Silicon Knights, I wouldn't worry about the story, they're games are always pretty well written.

weaksauce said:

u need to play their previous games

Already has the production team working on Part 2, sweet.

This game sounds really good, biggest project they've ever done, and the story has so much depth, or at least potential to have depth. I love the whole Norse Mythology thing.

Could somebody more tech-savvy explain to me why this game is able to use the Unreal Engine 3.0 and not have everything overly shiny while other games using that engine can't.

nintenho said:
Could somebody more tech-savvy explain to me why this game is able to use the Unreal Engine 3.0 and not have everything overly shiny while other games using that engine can't.

Maybe because:

By using the Unreal Technology 3 engine we are able focus on content, start production sooner and deliver a polished game like never before. With our previous engine experience we are also able to heavily customize the engine to our needs. The final bonus is that while Epic continually updates their engine, we can take these updates and incorporate them into the trilogy as development continues.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/657/657404p3.html

Edit: Oh - and...

pipo said:
Is it still on schedule for Q4?

It seems to be the case: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/toohuman/

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
nintenho said:
Yeah, but I mean like what do they do with shaders or lack of shaders to make it like that. ..........Maybe it's some sort of filter effect?

Lack of shaders? Not very likely. It does sound like they do a lot of post processing though.

From the same link:

With Eternal Darkness we averaged 60fps at a true 640x480 resolutions on the NGC, which not many other games achieved. However, we are not sure the players noticed this and in many respects we feel that reducing the frame rate to 30fps and adding substantially more effects as we did in MGS is more favorable to gamers. We are currently leaning towards a heavy effects approach in games for next generation as you see in games like MGS 4.

pipo said:
Lack of shaders? Not very likely. It does sound like they do a lot of post processing though.

From the same link:
I meant lacking something like spectral highlighting or whatever.

Based on the quality and depth of research going into making appropriate use of Norse mythology as the foundation for this Neo-Norse futuristic epic, this has officially become my most anticipated title for 360.

Check out some of the mythos explained here along with the connection to the game: http://toohuman.net/version1_index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
weaksauce said:
Was mgs4 on 30fps? The video on konami's website really fel like 60.
I think he ment the NGC MGS game.. Twin snake. That was at 30fps instead of 60..

Don´t know about the framerate of MGS4 though..

So now that he's on his, what, third original game ever, I think we can all expect art, nay, life as we know it to be thoroughly redefined. With Too Human, games will ascend to be the dominant form of art in the 21st century. :rolleyes:

Back