New Korn video

Twisted Transistor... See people are saying this is the sign of a resurgence of the band, but I actually thought the previous album was the best in a long time (no, not the greatest hits)

sytaylor said:
Twisted Transistor... See people are saying this is the sign of a resurgence of the band, but I actually thought the previous album was the best in a long time (no, not the greatest hits)

I found the last album absolutely abysmal, my fav is the one with "Got The Life", forgot the album name though.

"Right now" was a fantastic return to form and an excellent track
"Break some off" again very Korn, very deep heavy sounding.
"lets do this now" and "ya'll want a single" are as good as anything they've done.

sytaylor said:
"ya'll want a single" are as good as anything they've done.

Nah, that was just too much of "we are not the superstars kind of pricks, we're still cool and down to earth". Needless to say, that's utter bull. They act like THE primadonnas, all the time.

But still, they do make some good music so that's not that bad in my book.

BTW, check out the new Life Of Agony, that's a seriously fantastic record.

Been meaning to, currently working my way through the In Flames back catalog in time for their new album, and children of bodom are keeping me busy.

how could anyone like these hacks?
They were "good" for two records and then became shit.

I'm not really feeling the new album. Their self-titled album was one of the best albums ever made, and Life is Peachy was also an amazing album. Their fame got to them when they made Follow the leader, which sounded too poppy and softer compared to their first two. Half of FTL was decent, but the other half sucked. Then issues came out, and that was a peice of garbage. Untouchables was a step up from Issues, but still garbage. Take a Look in the mirror was a big step up from Untouchables but it shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as their first two albums, although I'd rate it similar to FTL. This new one I'd rate equal with Untouchables, which really isn't that great.

I wish they stopped making albums after their first two. Two of my favorite albums ever and then the fame got to them and they just started making crap.

rashly said:
I'm not really feeling the new album. Their self-titled album was one of the best albums ever made, and Life is Peachy was also an amazing album. Their fame got to them when they made Follow the leader, which sounded too poppy and softer compared to their first two. Half of FTL was decent, but the other half sucked. Then issues came out, and that was a peice of garbage. Untouchables was a step up from Issues, but still garbage. Take a Look in the mirror was a big step up from Untouchables but it shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as their first two albums, although I'd rate it similar to FTL. This new one I'd rate equal with Untouchables, which really isn't that great.

I wish they stopped making albums after their first two. Two of my favorite albums ever and then the fame got to them and they just started making crap.
Best albums ever made?
:LOL:
Seriously.
You need to listen to some real music before you go around saying korn released any album that is one of the best albums ever made.
The first album was ok for the the genre (detuned garbage)
But album is so predictable and void of any talent- like the song faget, they do the whole go quiet and "explode" where they just play the same riff from before with the singer yelling some crap.
His lyrics are also a huge joke.
I would be :oops: to listen to this shit.
Also ball tongue is a ripoff of morbid angel.

Skrying said:
Symphony X - The Odyssey <----- Real music.

Sure, but if we start with that, it'll go for 50 pages or so ;)

Yeah, Follow The Leader was the name. I liked it because it was much more mature than the previous stuff and had a few really great songs. The "Freak On A Leash" video is also one of the better videos I've seen yet.

linthat22 said:
You give them too much credit, there first album was good, the rest became shit. :LOL:
meh.
They get way to much credit for starting the whole nu metal movement.
it's not a good thing that you can just down tune your instrument, play some power chords and suddeny you're innovative.
Steve Vai was playing 7 string guitars even before that, and jazz muscians way before that.
Dream theater's 1994 album also featured a 7 string guitar as did meshuggahs (actually a EP)
meshugah's really king of low tuned guitars, they play 8 strings now.. lowest string is an F so its like a 6 string tuned down a half step with 2 more strings.

Back