Is kingkong any good at 360?

I heard positive things about this one and was thinking of buying it but the problem is i dont have HD yet so is it "safe" for you who has played it on 480i, also other games like COD2, condemned etz? Really concerned about the rez spoilng the experince.

i read about a lot of framerate problems. (PGR 3, PD0)

if even in 480i you have these framerate issues, that will be a shame.

dont fall for the HD hype. i'm playing on a 32inch widescreen philips 100% on 480i. its wonderfull

I've played this game and it's crap. Xbox 360 version doesn't look next gen at all, waste of time. PGR3 and PD0 are much better.

Does the 360 actually render anything below 1280x720 if you have 480i/p selected as output, or does the output scaler downres it?

Does the 360 actually render anything below 1280x720 if you have 480i/p selected as output, or does the output scaler downres it?

Everything is rendered on 720p then downscaled if you're using 1080i, 480p or 480i.
Just before anyone tries to correct me 1080i<720p.

I've played this game and it's crap. Xbox 360 version doesn't look next gen at all, waste of time. PGR3 and PD0 are much better.

Bull shit. I played the game at future shop on a huge high def TV. This game looked MUCH better than I thought it was going to, for a ported title with upgraded graphics. Saying it doesn't look next gen at all is really stretching that statement to the extreme. The game actually looks awesome on the 360 compared to other versions. try it out I think you'll be suprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty Bystander said:
Everything is rendered on 720p then downscaled if you're using 1080i, 480p or 480i.
I have seen Kong on a SDTV and am certian that game is still rendered at high res reguardless even when set to outoyt 480i, but I'm curious to see the work behind your math as 1080i to 720p is upscaling in every way I can think of.

1920 x 1080 > 1280 x 720

That is a given, but considering the interlacing:

1920 x 540 > 1280 x720

Guilty Bystander said:
I believe this is actually up to the developers what they want to do, while respecting whether an HDTV is present or not.

.Sis

Regarding COD2 witch i play now there is none aliasing, just a comment on that one(they must really coded the PC version badly because no loadtimes, and actually what seems and feels to be a quite steady 60fps,no drops soo far).
PGR3 is shit i hate car-games so that one goes back, havent tried condemned yet but seems like a killer, will play that one at night. Any tip what to get for PGR3, PDZ maybe?
Kameo btw is a "child" game or so i was told, hmm. Any tip welcomed.

Oh and the live thing how slow are there servers!?

King Kong is very solid game, looks and plays fine, I'm enjoying it a lot. I haven't seen it on sdtv, but on my hdtv is way better looking than the other versions.

Magnum PI said:
i read about a lot of framerate problems. (PGR 3, PD0)

if even in 480i you have these framerate issues, that will be a shame.

i have pgr3 and I've seen no framerate issues

valioso said:

The framerate is pretty bad from my standards but the MBlur covers up for many i guess, or they dont see/notice it cause used to. But its not bad in that sense that it would ruin anyones experience if you used to the other ones in the series.

kyleb said:
1080i to 720p is upscaling in every way I can think of.

1920 x 1080 > 1280 x 720

That is a given, but considering the interlacing:

1920 x 540 > 1280 x720

It's still taking a lower res image and making a higher res one out of it.

Just because it may display less pixels per second doesn't mean it's not upscaling the image. You're still seeing a 1920 x 1080 image.

DON'T buy this game for the Xbox 360!! Don't do it.

Well that's what an Ubisoft developer for the game said.

Fans wanting to get the best out of the King Kong video game should avoid the version for Microsoft's new Xbox 360, the game's maker Ubisoft has suggested.

Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot admitted that the 360 game is too dark on standard TVs, making it hard to play.

"I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see it when we were developing the game," he told the BBC News website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4525318.stm

"I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see it when we were developing the game," he told the BBC News website.
Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot admitted that the 360 game is too dark on standard TVs, making it hard to play.

:LOL:

Maybe they should have done something if they couldn't see it. :LOL: ;)

valioso said:

Yeah no frame rate issues for me as well.. Even at split-screen mode for two racers.. No stuttering, no dipping... At least smooth 30 fps which is fine for me..

silhouette said:
Yeah no frame rate issues for me as well.. Even at split-screen mode for two racers.. No stuttering, no dipping... At least smooth 30 fps which is fine for me..

same for me

I have king kong for x360 and for pc
the x360 is two worlds better then pc version
the xbox1 version is identical to pc version

Back