PD0 Reviews

scooby_dooby said:
Ya, I'm gonna have to rent this first, there's no doubt about it.

It bugs me when a games cut scenes are crap, voice acting is bad, and the story is lame, and it sounds like all these apply. Some of the gameplay looks pretty fun though.
Cut scenes? Story? Voice acting? Those are all near the top of the list in terms of things I couldn't care less about. Gameplay rules over everything. If the gameplay stinks then nothing else that the game could bring to the table really matters. So, story? Really? It's a FPS! I don't think I've ever watched a cut scene that I could bypass with a button push. And voice acting can get annoying if it's bad, I agree. As a Madden player I'll probably be able to deal with that though...

BlueTsunami said:

Thats not cool. This game looks visually stunning but some of the models are unforgivable.
The first image has been making the rounds for a while, but I find it wholly unfair to take a snapshot of an action animation--the melee of this henchman--and use it as an example for anything. Animation frames, still by still, look odd at times. Maybe the guy looks like that all the time... I wouldn't know since this one is trotted out seemingly anytime PDZ graphics are mentioned.

The second, I'm not sure what the deal is. Is using cliche'd art direction now a serious offense? Because if so, the game industry is in for a world of hurt.

.Sis

Sis said:
The second, I'm not sure what the deal is. Is using cliche'd art direction now a serious offense? Because if so, the game industry is in for a world of hurt.

.Sis

Not only is the second image cliched but its just doesn't look good. Theres something very unappealing about the character model when compared to everything else about the game (visually).

thx for the links expletive, updated the 1st post. Looks like after all the ups and downs it's a solid game, and damn does it ever look like GE!

With another month or two this game probably would have been the killer-app MS wished for. As it stands now its just damned, damned good.

i don't think ms needs a killer app for 360 anyways,it looks like in North America and Europe during launch window the demand for 360 will be much higher than the supply regardles of pdz being AAA title or not . And after 3-4 millions of them out there ,by the time casuals start to jumping in 360 bandwagon(spring summer 06), ms will have other killer apps such as gears of war and halo 3.

<nu>faust said:
i don't think ms needs a killer app for 360 anyways,it looks like in North America and Europe during launch window the demand for 360 will be much higher than the supply regardles of pdz being AAA title or not . And after 3-4 millions of them out there ,by the time casuals start to jumping in 360 bandwagon(spring summer 06), ms will have other killer apps such as gears of war and halo 3.

it's a very good point, often overlooked or ignored. X360 will sell all it can sell well into the new year, many stores are telling me it may be until march/april till they get enough units for everyone.

They don't need a killer app right now, they don't even need one until holiday 06 really...except in japan and they're getting DOA4 so...

Hmm not so sure about buying PDz now. The complaints are allways the same, single player largelly sucks...i don't feel like paying 60 euros for half a game, even if that half is amazing.

Back to Kameo and Cod2.

Back