Crossfire PDF

IbaneZ said:
Surely this can't be an NVIDIA document? Who ever made don't like ATI CF though, thats for sure. :)

Looks too ameturish to be from PR...even nVidia's. ;)

I also wouldn't expect one of the "arguments" from a PR dept to be along the lines of "their suppossed advantage is only because their GPU is better than ours...not their SLI implementation!" :oops:

Joe DeFuria said:
IbaneZ said:
Surely this can't be an NVIDIA document? Who ever made don't like ATI CF though, thats for sure. :)

Looks too ameturish to be from PR...even nVidia's. ;)

I also wouldn't expect one of the "arguments" from a PR dept to be along the lines of "their suppossed advantage is only because their GPU is better than ours...not their SLI implementation!" :oops:

Looks legit to me in wording, just rushed out the door. And they aren't arguing that "their gpu is better than ours". What it says is ati managed to "find" three applications (with the strong implication that they were the *only* three applications, or they would have shown more) where ATI was faster. And that even so all three were "old" games.

geo said:
Looks legit to me in wording, just rushed out the door. And they aren't arguing that "their gpu is better than ours". What it says is ati managed to "find" three applications (with the strong implication that they were the *only* three applications, or they would have shown more) where ATI was faster. And that even so all three were "old" games.

And one of those games is Doom3? Traditionally very heavily in favor if nvidia GPUs?

Joe DeFuria said:
geo said:

And one of those games is Doom3? Traditionally very heavily in favor if nvidia GPUs?

Hit pieces always have some logical problems they hope you miss while you're giggling or gasping. Mark of the Beast. :LOL:

Looks more like a document put out for the benefit of the Nvidia sales force (reps). You know bullets for the gun. Internal "feelgood" hype aimed at themselves.

Pladeaux said:
Looks more like a document put out for the benefit of the Nvidia sales force (reps). You know bullets for the gun. Internal "feelgood" hype aimed at themselves.

That is a pretty good assessment I think. The language is way too ghetto to be used as marketing material. Looks like an Nvidiot just went to town in Powerpoint :LOL: Nothing really untrue in there though - just the regular old FUD.

Looks like somebody forget to remove the comments from the powerpoint file before converting it to a pdf:

(So customers are paying for SLI \(through unused transistors\) even if they only want to run a single card...

(Internal connector which won't connect correctly if slots are off by even a few millimetres...)

(Requires two identical graphics cards...hopefully they can find them when they want them...)

(If card manufacturers make bios changes mid-production run and customers want to upgrade down the road they are SOL...)

(compatible with what?? 80 games? doesn't sound like an entire ecosystem if you ask me...)

(Nvidia is so scared of CrossFire tha they are pre-launching their G70. They know their NV4x SLI platform won't cut it!)

(They don't deny that we have better performance, they are just complaining that we have only shown 3 games to beat them with...)

(glad they scknowledge that our single card beats their single card!)

(how is this different form their split screen method?? their aren't able to scale geometry either! )

(in the desert someone stranded will drink their own sweat...doesn't mean its any good...)

(wasted transistors, enthusiasts want leading technology, not something Nvidia slaps together)

(nvidia is rushing out news of their next-gen beacuse they are scared of CrossFire)

(when Nvidia was scared by R300 they rushed news of NV30 out to the masses. They promised the world and they delivered a dog. now they are making the same great promises with G70... deja vu??)

(1 year in and they can only support ~80 games.)

Demirug said:
Looks like somebody forget to remove the comments from the powerpoint file before converting it to a pdf

Looks like somebody added comments to the powerpoint before converting to a pdf :LOL:

Demirug said:
Looks like somebody forget to remove the comments from the powerpoint file before converting it to a pdf:

(So customers are paying for SLI \(through unused transistors\) even if they only want to run a single card...

(Internal connector which won't connect correctly if slots are off by even a few millimetres...)

(Requires two identical graphics cards...hopefully they can find them when they want them...)

(If card manufacturers make bios changes mid-production run and customers want to upgrade down the road they are SOL...)

(compatible with what?? 80 games? doesn't sound like an entire ecosystem if you ask me...)

(Nvidia is so scared of CrossFire tha they are pre-launching their G70. They know their NV4x SLI platform won't cut it!)

(They don't deny that we have better performance, they are just complaining that we have only shown 3 games to beat them with...)

(glad they scknowledge that our single card beats their single card!)

(how is this different form their split screen method?? their aren't able to scale geometry either! )

(in the desert someone stranded will drink their own sweat...doesn't mean its any good...)

(wasted transistors, enthusiasts want leading technology, not something Nvidia slaps together)

(nvidia is rushing out news of their next-gen beacuse they are scared of CrossFire)

(when Nvidia was scared by R300 they rushed news of NV30 out to the masses. They promised the world and they delivered a dog. now they are making the same great promises with G70... deja vu??)

(1 year in and they can only support ~80 games.)
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed it. That along with:

Pladeaux said:
Pretty much gives me a good hypothesis as to what this document is and how it was released.

I'm betting that it is a genuine nVidia document, but one that was strictly meant for internal purposes and was never meant to be publically seen...but someone from ATi got a hold of a copy of it and leaked it.

That fits, don't it?

Hey, that's weird, the version of this PDF I downloaded has no comments in it at all.

Jawed

Jawed said:
Hey, that's weird, the version of this PDF I downloaded has no comments in it at all.

Jawed

You can't see them with a PDF reader. Yoe need a hex editor or something like this.

Yes, I am a little bit crazy.

That kind of craziness I like!

Yep, opening it in Wordpad brings up the offending text - about half way through.

Jawed

digitalwanderer said:
I'm betting that it is a genuine nVidia document, but one that was strictly meant for internal purposes and was never meant to be publically seen...but someone from ATi got a hold of a copy of it and leaked it.

That fits, don't it?

Let's hope not, because if the comments are from ATi, they look just as childish (if not more so) than NVIDIA.

Wow, that's real damning criticism that doesn't address NVIDIA's point about your own product.

PaulS said:
Let's hope not, because if the comments are from ATi, they look just as childish (if not more so) than NVIDIA.
I don't know who's worse, but the notes at least I don't THINK were ever meant to be presented as such...more like reminders for when you're presenting your own presentation about their leaked one. (If that makes any sense, I'm kind of getting confused me ownself. :? )

The problem now of course is that because ATi leaked it does that mean that they leaked it as it was or did they make it worse and then leaked it ?

Where's 3Deepthroat when you need him ?

Back