What are the chances of Revolution...

GwymWeepa

Regular
Actually improving downloaded n64 games? I've seen emulators run N64 games, including that Ocarina of Time remake on the Gamecube, at a higher resolution and better framerates. Could that be standard fare for the n64 games downloaded to the Revolution? I sure hope so...

Shoot, how about Gamecube games? Do you think there's a chance we could see some image quality improvements, like high quality AA, faster framerates (for games without locked framesrates) etc.

They didn't talk about downloading gamecube games . So i take it they will read the discs so i highly doubt any upgrades there .

But i would think you would see the n64 games in hd with 4x fsaa or mabye 2x fsaa with some advance filtering . It depends on how powerfull the rev is

For the N64 games, the only reason, they wouldn't be playable at 60fps and at a higher resolution, would be if Nintendo want those game to remain the same, "faithful" to the original.
Seeing that the N64 games will(should) be running in full software emulation, there no technical restriction for resolution/framerate upgrade.

Also, for the GC, if the games run through the Revolution GPU (Like the PSone "emulation" on PS2), there should be room for graphical enhancements.

Guden Oden said:
jvd said:
So i take it they will read the discs
You can't slot in GODs into a slot-in drive. It'd get stuck in the mechanism...
The Rev slot will take both 12cm optical discs and GODs. Nintendo's Revolution logo even uses optical discs in it to represent the media it can take. The first "O" is a Revolution disc, and the second "o" is a GC disc.

Guden Oden said:
jvd said:
So i take it they will read the discs
You can't slot in GODs into a slot-in drive. It'd get stuck in the mechanism...
A) There are, to my knowledge, a few drives that can do it. B) They could use a 12cm adaptor disk. But more importantly C) Nintendo specifically says they will:

Backward Compatibility. Revolution will play all of your favorite Nintendo GameCube games. An innovative self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. You can also equip a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

PC-Engine said:
Geeforcer said:
Didn't Bleem also increase image quality?

Yep it increased resolution to 640x480, but Bleem only work well on a few games.
epsx anyone ? Compatable with almost every game, you can put the resolution you want, and with pete's OpenGL 2.6 Driver the image quality is amazing ! On my 2.40m screen, i don't recognize PS 's games.

Back