Killzone review (IGN)

Kolgar, are you the same guy from pcvsconsole forum? I remember "Kolgar" reading there. ;) Haven't visited it since ages.

BTW, do you think next iterations of KZ should be squad based? Another admiring feature I found with KZ is the DS controllers, I must say I have never found a PS2 FPS more comfortable. I 've played TS2, RF2, MoH:F and controlling them was a pain with DS.

Yes, I used to visit PVC before the Chairman's sour attitude and bias turned the place into a swirling pit of stupidity and f4nb0yizm.

No more.

As for Killzone 2 and whether it should be squad-based... heck, whatever they want to do with it. I'd be happy with more of the same, provided the level design stays so cool and we get a chance to commandeer some vehicles. :)

I read the next game will also be for PS2, so hopefully Guerilla will find ways to optimize the engine to juice the frame rate and accommodate maybe a split-screen co-op mode or something.

So I guess at the top of my wish list is a buffing and polishing of performance issues rather than dramatic changes to the core gameplay.

Oh, and they could fix the funny way your legs always splay when you die. :LOL:

So I finally finished KZ (Normal Setting), the stats show ~ 64hrs, I don't think the game was that long, whats matter? :?: Now playing on Hard Mode.

Deepak said:
So I finally finished KZ (Normal Setting), the stats show ~ 64hrs, I don't think the game was that long, whats matter? :?: Now playing on Hard Mode.

64hrs!??!?! Holy cow... I think it counted the time the game was paused. And the time the game was outside your PS2, with the PS2 OFF. And it counted the time for the trip home when u bought it.

randycat99 said:
Maybe it counts the total replays, as well (after you get killed, for example)?

Even after that I don't think I played it so long. BTW, Grenade explosion effects are really cool....

Hi all its like 6am here in Australia. Just had 4hrs of it and definitely a good game. Its not your typical FPS as I see it and I well recommend it.

Gotta sleep, but will add more as I progress more thru the game.

So is there an explanation for why it is so hard to gun down these enemy guys? Are they really that enhanced? Seem like these fancy weapons can't kill very well w/o plastering with a dozen bullets or so (barring a head shot).

I picked it up two days ago and it's enjoyable enough so far, although some of the Helghast AI is downright baffling, takes away from the experience, plus I'm not a huge fan of pumping half a clip into a guy just to put him down.

But the level design and atmosphere is nigh-on incredible. I'd liken it to a futuristic Call of Duty.

randycat99 said:
So is there an explanation for why it is so hard to gun down these enemy guys? Are they really that enhanced? Seem like these fancy weapons can't kill very well w/o plastering with a dozen bullets or so (barring a head shot).

It probably got to do with their change. Anyway, if you're using a sniper, one shot in the head or chest will take them down. Its elements like these which I enjoy the game.

Ug Lee said:
I picked it up two days ago and it's enjoyable enough so far, although some of the Helghast AI is downright baffling, takes away from the experience, plus I'm not a huge fan of pumping half a clip into a guy just to put him down.

But the level design and atmosphere is nigh-on incredible. I'd liken it to a futuristic Call of Duty.

Yeah, the AI is funny at places, but I found it interesting as well. For example, they will shoot even when you're slightly exposed.

Back