ac512.jpg

ac513.jpg

ac514.jpg

ac515.jpg

ac516.jpg

ac517.jpg

ac518.jpg

ac519.jpg

very very impressive for PS2 don't you think ?

these next ones may or may not be real-time. maybe CG, I don't know

ac502.jpg

ac503.jpg

ac504.jpg

ac505.jpg

well....if these four AC5 images are CG, then I'd say an AC game on PS3 will look at least this good, especially in image quality (FSAA) with probably alot more texture / pixel shader detail.

are the clouds static in game?

edit: do the clouds look like they were taken from a picture i.e. they don't change when your view changes..

I'm becoming more & more convinced that the last 4 shots are prerendered CG.

the definite-realtime shots do have too much anti-aliasing for a PS2 game that is expected to run at 60fps. other than the AA, the realtime shots look fantastic concidering PS2 is 5+ year old technology.

Yeah thoose videos are perfect too show how good ACE4 looked.
Improvments in ACE5 i can think would be the groundtargets like citys with more detail, tree´s and the like. ACE 5 seem´s too be improved already with features like more missions/better story and the likes.

overclocked said:
Yeah thoose videos are perfect too show how good ACE4 looked.
Improvments in ACE5 i can think would be the groundtargets like citys with more detail, tree´s and the like. ACE 5 seem´s too be improved already with features like more missions/better story and the likes.

ACE5 just looks a tad more sharp and with a little more ground stuff i'm excited 8)

Ever since Interceptor on the AMIGA i have wondered when we were going to see some dense landscapes (also up close) in games like AC.

I'm still waiting, i guess there would need to a special technique since traditional 3D would take up to much space considering how much ground it would have to cover :)

Everything screen except for the last four (of course) is realtime. I've seen videos of AC5 in action, and I can only agree with their own 'modest' tagline - "Nothing else comes close". That of course includes AC4, which looked really awesome in itself. Compared to AC4, they have way better looking ground, lighting on planes, as well as various effects. Really a beautiful looking game.

Sigh... I wonder if the same people who protest these screens will complain when team Ninja or Bungie, releases 1600x1200 supersampled screenshots of their latest baby :\

marconelly! said:
Sigh... I wonder if the same people who protest these screens will complain when team Ninja or Bungie, releases 1600x1200 supersampled screenshots of their latest baby :\

Very true Marco, all screenshots are doctored to varying degrees. But this in motion is flat-out beautiful.

marconelly! said:

Ludicrous those supersampled shots may be, but Xbox games tend to come closer to them than PS2 games. Most of the time with these nice PS2 shots you have to take into account dirty visible scanlines.

Exactly. The Xbox doesn't have the track record of games looking great in screenshots and videos but actually turning out inferior (and sometimes a mess) on an actually TV like the PS2 does.

Ug Lee said:
marconelly! said:

Ludicrous those supersampled shots may be, but Xbox games tend to come closer to them than PS2 games. Most of the time with these nice PS2 shots you have to take into account dirty visible scanlines.

Ok so this thread just took a turn to the worse.

XBOX games and Gamecube games have exactly the same graphic "weakness" that you see on the PS2, just mostly to a lesser extent. I see jaggies,shimmering and slowdowns on many popular titles, does this mean that those titles are bad? No of course not.

I find it surprising how many people that are obsessive with what i would consider details. I played Quake in 320x200 and had the time of my life. And anyone that would suggest the game was better in 512x384 or OpenGL is wrong, it just looked better.

The difference between the current 3 consoles are so small in most cases that it really doesn't matter. If the average consumer would see the 3 consoles lined up he would never notice the difference and that is why the PS2 sold so much. Actually that is exactly the case when the guys go to a shop isn't it? Who would buy a PS2 if the graphics looked bad next to the XBOX and Gamecube?

And as the vidoes clearly shows AC4 looks spectacular and that means that AC5 will look spectacular++++

From what I saw in the trailers (I love trailers) showing the real-time graphics, I think there are some real-time clouds on a background.

ace5-1.jpg

ace5-2.jpg

-tkf- said:
Ok so this thread just took a turn to the worse.

XBOX games and Gamecube games have exactly the same graphic "weakness" that you see on the PS2, just mostly to a lesser extent. I see jaggies,shimmering and slowdowns on many popular titles, does this mean that those titles are bad? No of course not.

I find it surprising how many people that are obsessive with what i would consider details. I played Quake in 320x200 and had the time of my life. And anyone that would suggest the game was better in 512x384 or OpenGL is wrong, it just looked better.

The difference between the current 3 consoles are so small in most cases that it really doesn't matter. If the average consumer would see the 3 consoles lined up he would never notice the difference and that is why the PS2 sold so much. Actually that is exactly the case when the guys go to a shop isn't it? Who would buy a PS2 if the graphics looked bad next to the XBOX and Gamecube?

And as the vidoes clearly shows AC4 looks spectacular and that means that AC5 will look spectacular++++

Only a slight overreaction.

Back