I'm just a little impressed

ben6

Regular
Installed a Visiontek Ti4600 this morning using 27.50 drivers that the board is shipping with . Turned on 4x FSAA, 8X Anisotropic filtering and got a result of 83.1 fps 1280x1024 Demo4 max settings 32bit color desktop and game... No tweaks, no overclock just default install

I just got mine in today too, I haven't installed it yet. I was wondering, if you're reading this Rev, do you have a script for Serious Sam 2, like you had for benchmarking on Serious Sam? I'd like to use it if there's one available.

jb:

I don't think it has yet.

ben6:

Am I the only one who suddenly thought he got a V5 6000? The card is loooooooong. :eek:

Well it may not be fixed but this is definitely not Ti500 speed for Anisotropic filtering+ FSAA ;) (My Ti500 got 60~ fps 8x Anisotropic+ 2X FSAA @1280x1024 32bit max settings...)

Matt yeah it is long. Reverend a script for Serious Sam2 would be nice here too and a revised one for Serious Sam 1 for the latest patch. Matt what happened to 3dGPU?

I'm not sure, the whole Gaming Groove network is down, and I talked to Billy and the guy who did all the coding and was in the know with the servers isn't with the site any longer, so I don't know the new guy's email yet. I'm hoping it's something minor, like a server move or upgrade.

Really a pisser, because it went down when I was working on getting a new news script up, and nothing annoys me more than something that interrupts my coding bliss. :mad:

Only $600 Canadian dollars? That's like $1.50 USD. I'll take one :smile:

No, seriously, I don't see a market for this card unless you really dig high res FSAA. Sure, it's darned fast, but so are plenty of other cards that cost half as much. Ti200 and 8500 are the cards I'd recommend to people. We'll have DX9-class cards before we need the speed of a Ti4600.

NV25 is frigin insane. The benchmarks I have seen put it wayyyy further past the competition then I expected from this generation. Its a bit surprising to me, IMO.

Is anybody ever going to steal NVIDIA's flame? heh..

On 2002-02-28 21:38, Livecoma wrote:
NV25 is frigin insane. The benchmarks I have seen put it wayyyy further past the competition then I expected from this generation. Its a bit surprising to me, IMO.

Is anybody ever going to steal NVIDIA's flame? heh..

if you believe some nuts ppl, it will happen sooner than you think.. How long it wil stay that way, that's harder question...

I'll retest when I get home from work . I couldn't believe the score either , but ran it several times and while one test did show a result of 77fps (because of a pause during action probably because my phone line discconnected from the internet at the time) the other 4 tests turned in identical results of 83.1 , 83.0, 83.2, 83.1 (.1 fps is not statistically significant).

I just tried it on my Ti4600. In 1280x1024x32 with everything cranked to the max in Quake3 with 4x FSAA and level 8/64-tap anisotropic filtering and got 39.9fps on demo four.

Rig:

1.33GHz
256mb DDR
Ti4600 using 27.70 drivers

Nothing tweaked, nothing touched, just v-sync turned off.

Regarding SSam SE and scripts. There's no need really. Just use the "Extreme GFx" add-on in the game's menu. Using this extreme gfx scipt/add-on results in same settings for everything from a V5, GF1/2/3, Kyro, Radeons and even Savage2K. Just use this extreme add-on everytime you benchmark with different cards. Remember also that all the advanced graphics options apply to both OGL and D3D.

Ah sweet, thanks for the info Rev. I learn something new everyday. :smile:

P.S. The Grace GF4 demo is jaw-dropping gorgeous. :D

Back