Unity tech demos

Ok, so hate to be that guy, but that hair didn't work out as well as I would've hoped and/or expected for the hype.

At one point the protagonist was laying on their back, after crashing to the ground, and the hair ponytail section didn't lay down at all. Same goes for when the protaganist is on their face, climbing back onto the hoverboard mid-air after nearly being knocked off, and the hair ponytail section never fell forward. To my eye, it looks like the ponytail is always ponytail-shaped at all times, hanging down the back instead of flowing or moving with any gravity at all.

Even when standing upright, it still seems too fluffy and not "clumpy" enough to me. It's neat to see all the individual strands, yet I feel like they spent too much time making sure everyone saw the individual strands they forgot how hair actually moves.

The Time Ghost video seemed to get it better IMO, although still not perfect. In the scene where the helmet is removed and the hair blows in the breeze, have you ever seen someone wear a helmet and get sweaty and then take it off? Wanna know where the term "hat hair" comes from? :D Nobody's hair looks like it's freshly washed and conditioned when it's been in a war zone under a helmet. Just sayin' ...

Back