Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

You can see it feels janky etc. the beta definitely has a ton of graphical glitches. However noone can deny the scale here is insane. I see a lot of potential. However I know nothing about the franchise BF. My only extended multiplayer FPS experience is Destiny.

I did feel like a lot of the map was empty. It was just running in empty space to the next spot.

I feel like it shows where this gen is going. It's open world that looks more like linear in quality, thats where games are going.

At one part I was running in the open and a guy on the giant skyscraper was sniping at me. I couldn't really fight back, I just had a carbine with iron sights and he was so far. Later I killed a dude and got a gun with a much longer range scope. Now I could have maybe contested the sniper. Just shows the potential.

Forums of course tends to hate anything non platform exclusive, the bitterness their is par for the course. It will outsell all those exclusives 3-1 in the real world I assume, like COD does.

Heh, theres a tornado and rocket launch I never saw too.

Feel like there's a lot of potential, however I'm more of a Halo/Destiny guy, not sure I'll stray into BF especially being MP only.

Gat dang.

Last edited:
You can see it feels janky etc. the beta definitely has a ton of graphical glitches. However noone can deny the scale here is insane. I see a lot of potential. However I know nothing about the franchise BF. My only extended multiplayer FPS experience is Destiny.

I did feel like a lot of the map was empty. It was just running in empty space to the next spot.

I feel like it shows where this gen is going. It's open world that looks more like linear in quality, thats where games are going.

At one part I was running in the open and a guy on the giant skyscraper was sniping at me. I couldn't really fight back, I just had a carbine with iron sights and he was so far. Later I killed a dude and got a gun with a much longer range scope. Now I could have maybe contested the sniper. Just shows the potential.

Forums of course tends to hate anything non platform exclusive, the bitterness their is par for the course. It will outsell all those exclusives 3-1 in the real world I assume, like COD does.
I'm playing on PC. I couldn't care less if it's exclusive to one of the consoles. The game feels bad to play. The mouse feels floaty and not precise. Enemies move around the map like a pinball because there is no inertia or proper acceleration/deceleration which makes tracking not fun. The guns feel like pea shooters. The map is big but there is nothing interesting to do in all that space. Constant stuttering similar to prior versions of Frostbite DX12 implementations only now its worse. Every single time you ADS the game stutters and performance drops. The list of issues is near endless.

Last edited:
I'm playing on PC. I couldn't care less if it's exclusive to one of the consoles. The game feels bad to play. The mouse feels floaty and not precise. Enemies move around the map like a pinball because there is no inertia or proper acceleration/deceleration which makes tracking not fun. The guns feel like pea shooters. The map is big but there is nothing interesting to do in all that space. Constant stuttering similar to prior versions of Frostbite DX12 implementations only now its worse. Every single time you ADS the game stutters and performance drops. The list of issues is near endless.
Yep. How you release a product like that and actually take pride in it is beyond me.

They really need to fix it.

DICE loves this kind of design. they kept adding more and more useless empty space

IIRC the last battlefield where the "transitional" spaces in the big map is not just a wasted space was BFBC2

This game is perhaps the worst battlefield game I've ever played. Glitches and spiderman soldiers aside, this game is not fun to play at all. I've seen people comment that it controls like COD and that's factually incorrect. I went back to play MW2019 after putting a few hours into the beta and MW2019's gunplay is light years ahead of this game. This game controls like a free to play shooter. The animations are worse than BF3. The destruction is near non existent compared to older battlefields and the map is quite sterile. I'm honestly shocked that after 3 years, this is the best they could come up with. Visually, it's fine but, when I boot up BF4 on PC at max settings, I'm more impressed by that tbh. Then, lets talk about the god awful hud and the terrible map design. Honestly, this game ships with 7 maps at launch and from the beta, we already know one of them is rather terrible. After playing both the Halo and Vanguard beta, for me Halo>>>>>>Vanguard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BF2042. I'm certainly not grabbing this game at launch. It's honestly an embarrassing showing from DICE. If they just took BF4 or BF3's gameplay and added new features, people would be happy. 2042 is not it and it's by far the worst BF I've ever played. It's somehow less fun than Hardline and that's saying something.

This game is perhaps the worst battlefield game I've ever played. Glitches and spiderman soldiers aside, this game is not fun to play at all. I've seen people comment that it controls like COD and that's factually incorrect. I went back to play MW2019 after putting a few hours into the beta and MW2019's gunplay is light years ahead of this game. This game controls like a free to play shooter. The animations are worse than BF3. The destruction is near non existent compared to older battlefields and the map is quite sterile. I'm honestly shocked that after 3 years, this is the best they could come up with. Visually, it's fine but, when I boot up BF4 on PC at max settings, I'm more impressed by that tbh. Then, lets talk about the god awful hud and the terrible map design. Honestly, this game ships with 7 maps at launch and from the beta, we already know one of them is rather terrible. After playing both the Halo and Vanguard beta, for me Halo>>>>>>Vanguard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BF2042. I'm certainly not grabbing this game at launch. It's honestly an embarrassing showing from DICE. If they just took BF4 or BF3's gameplay and added new features, people would be happy. 2042 is not it and it's by far the worst BF I've ever played. It's somehow less fun than Hardline and that's saying something.
BF4 has substantially worse visuals but yeah I'd much prefer that game just updated with state of the art graphics and better destruction.

wanted to try it on XsS but can't login to EA keeps telling me my password or id has expired and i have to change my password, but even after that it still does not work.
guess i'll have to wait for the ps5 beta tomorrow.

Oof the gunplay felt floaty as heck.
Seems bungie and 343i are still the leaders in this aspect.

No performance issue on XSS

Any idea how to change the bindings so increase / decrease altitude binded to RT LT?

the stick on the settings menu can be changed to custom, but it have no option to change the custom

Turns out helicopter got nerfed a ton. It's now like an air tank.

But they also make the missile lock on waaaaaay dumber. It can be easily evaded by doing slow maneuvers

Tbf, I have not really fallen for any Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 and I cannot say I am going to continue playing this either. Apparently alot of people complain about performance even on good PCs, but this 2013 Haswell i7 4790 is providing a very variable 20-60 FPS experience. I knew it was old but this is the first game I have played where I am being frustrated by it.

I had some fun checking this out yesterday but for me it was basically run 4 miles to die in 5 seconds lol. The base sniper rifle is also pretty terrible. Not sure how long it takes to get a sniper rifle with an actual scope but the base gun is pretty useless. Overall I thought the graphics were pretty good and the overall size and scale of the game is impressive but I definitely experienced a fair amount of glitches (playing on XBSX). I also noticed there's something very wrong with how water looks in this game. It's not noticeable on small puddles but larger bodies of water have a strange shimmering effect that's very tough on your eyes. It's obviously a beta so can't judge anything graphically until it releases.

can't play it on XsS but somehow it seems now it works on my PS5...well that was scary:

Lol I wonder what kind of mechanism they added and for what purpose to trigger this behavior in the game
Is it to make headshots easier and more enjoyable via sniper?

I had some fun checking this out yesterday but for me it was basically run 4 miles to die in 5 seconds lol. The base sniper rifle is also pretty terrible. Not sure how long it takes to get a sniper rifle with an actual scope but the base gun is pretty useless. Overall I thought the graphics were pretty good and the overall size and scale of the game is impressive but I definitely experienced a fair amount of glitches (playing on XBSX). I also noticed there's something very wrong with how water looks in this game. It's not noticeable on small puddles but larger bodies of water have a strange shimmering effect that's very tough on your eyes. It's obviously a beta so can't judge anything graphically until it releases.
All attachments are available right away. Just start changing your attachments during gameplay.

but I agree. Unintuitive and bad

You can press and hold T to change attachments in real time ala Crysis.

Back