Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they know nothing and feel confident comparing themselves to a product that doesn't exist yet because no one can prove them wrong for a while. By the time anyone can it will probably be forgotten or just glossed over.
Nah, there is no need for such brag, as it can actually backfire on them, they could easily just continue to brag about being 2X the PS4 Pro and the message will still hit home. It's much more likely their statement is true in some sense (maybe RT wise).

If a random journalist that has had wrong before can be trusted, then sure il trust the head of NV which job is to stay ahead of their competitor.

Nah, there is no need for such brag, as it can actually backfire on them, they could easily just continue to brag about being 2X the PS4 Pro and the message will still hit home. It's much more likely their statement is true in some sense (maybe RT wise).
The fact that he has done so before might colour my opinion on this but I respectfully disagree.

Or they know nothing and feel confident comparing themselves to a product that doesn't exist yet because no one can prove them wrong for a while. By the time anyone can it will probably be forgotten or just glossed over.

I'm pretty sure all major players can hear A LOT through the grape vine and sniff out the rest to make pretty god damn educated guesses, even if they don't get outright leaked info directly nor engage in espionage. I just can't imagine hints not ending up floating around in an industry with these many people involved and projects that take that long to plan ouy and execute.

I just can't imagine hints not ending up floating around in an industry with these many people involved and projects that take that long to plan ouy and execute.

Which are pretty much the same hints that are floating around in pastebins and Resetera. He's basically got the same access to information about other company's products as we do if we believe he's using leaked information. IE - people liable to leak that information are looking for attention and will leak it wherever they can as long as they remain anonymous. Because of that people that just want attention will also "leak information" even if they don't actually have any real information.

Somewhere in all the mess that is modern day links there may be nuggets of truth. Whether that gives an actual informed picture of something that can be trusted? Up to the person reading it to decide.

Regards,
SB

I have a wager in another thread. If you feel confident like I am you can join the wager.
The way your info contradicts with Klee in regards to PS5 is almost like a season of Netflix Original, the twists and turns of such drama takes us to the edge of our seats everyday :LOL:. Come in Feb, one shall stand and one shall fall, I can do some marketing for this.

At 1600MHz a 5700XT is essentially half (90-110W) the power of stock, with only a 15% perf decrease.

Meaning AMD could produce at this moment a GPU that is 85% faster than a 5700XT while consuming the same, or at least well below 300W.
That could be done with RDNA1 and they wouldn't even need any substantial architecture revamp.

And considering RDNA is a major overhaul, there's probably a bunch of low hanging fruit optimizations AMD can apply. There's also been some talk about increasing ALU count per CU, which would be somewhat similar to the RV670 - RV770 transition.

The fact that Navi 10 reference cards are using ridiculously inefficient voltage levels is also being conveniently forgotten by some.

Which are pretty much the same hints that are floating around in pastebins and Resetera. He's basically got the same access to information about other company's products as we do if we believe he's using leaked information.

Absolutely not!
Remember, this is a business, with real people, in real offices. They talk over the water cooler, they have meetings internally, with supliers of all sorts, clients, partners etc. They make phone calls, go to conventions, talk to game devs, software devs, tool devs. They talk to journalists, they change jobs, they talk to old pals who moved on to different companies, they have intermal meetings again, share the gossip.
You see, under this much cominication nobody even needs to break any NDA. Just by connecting some dots and loos individual pieces of info that means nothing on their own, they can start building up a picture. And the more of a picture they have, the more aware they are for every next hit, and the picture gets sharper. Don't forget, also, that a lot of the big cheese at these million dollar companies are highly competitive, and business-smart. They love playing that game of trying to be ahead of their competitors and peers.
I'd bet they don't even know what is most of the crap circling around on pastebin and Digital Fucking Foundry. They have much better stuff to do.

And yet from all of these potential opportunities for leaks, the only people who picked up anything was Nvidia and not anyone from the console side. Sure.

And yet from all of these potential opportunities for leaks, the only people who picked up anything was Nvidia and not anyone from the console side. Sure.

No, my argument is all of them have built up a pretty good idea of most of what everyone else is doing. There are some curve balls, sure, but the insiders defibetly have a much better idea of what is going on with their competitors than us.

Absolutely not!
Remember, this is a business, with real people, in real offices. They talk over the water cooler, they have meetings internally, with supliers of all sorts, clients, partners etc. They make phone calls, go to conventions, talk to game devs, software devs, tool devs. They talk to journalists, they change jobs, they talk to old pals who moved on to different companies, they have intermal meetings again, share the gossip.
You see, under this much cominication nobody even needs to break any NDA. Just by connecting some dots and loos individual pieces of info that means nothing on their own, they can start building up a picture. And the more of a picture they have, the more aware they are for every next hit, and the picture gets sharper. Don't forget, also, that a lot of the big cheese at these million dollar companies are highly competitive, and business-smart. They love playing that game of trying to be ahead of their competitors and peers.
I'd bet they don't even know what is most of the crap circling around on pastebin and Digital Fucking Foundry. They have much better stuff to do.

Leaks really shouldn’t happen. My workplace has pretty strict rules about info silos. I’m not even supposed to ask my coworkers about the projects they’re working on. When they talk to vendors they’re not supposed to give them any details about how their parts will be used. I’m sure some people break the rules, but it’s not obvious to me that critical competitive information would leak so casually.

Leaks really shouldn’t happen. My workplace has pretty strict rules about info silos. I’m not even supposed to ask my coworkers about the projects they’re working on. When they talk to vendors they’re not supposed to give them any details about how their parts will be used. I’m sure some people break the rules, but it’s not obvious to me that critical competitive information would leak so casually.

Nothing critical. But small things that can help one guess whats going on do add up bit by bit.

But making a guess would not justify to present this as a fact when talking to investors. No matter how grounded this guess is, it's not official.

It's also bad how this was spread across gaming sites. Those journalists do not even recognize it's about mobile 2080, and neither it's the MaxQ variant.

... can get much better information here :)

It Just Leaks ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back