Movie Reviews 2.0

When is the best Pee-Break during the 3 hour event?

I saw mention of about an hour into the movie (1:06 or so?) that gives you around 2 minutes of safe material to miss.

Just doing it before you go in, while the trailers are on. And don’t leave. Don’t drink. Don’t do anything. :LOL:

Just doing it before you go in, while the trailers are on. And don’t leave. Don’t drink. Don’t do anything. :LOL:
There will be beers imbibed just before the movie, therefore requiring a break during the movie.

Okay, maybe a little too messed up an example. That said, we did have Mirrors, The Ruins, The Hills have Eyes, Wolf Creek, The Devil's Rejects and more in theaters. Seems like ever since James Wan did the Conjuring (which I actually really like) horror has been nothing nut spooky ghosts/dolls and jump scares all day every day. This is actually kind of perplexing as the first Conjuring is completely devoid of the cheap tricks and jump scares its numerous imitators relied on so heavily.
Still gotta watch that Suspiria remake.
Im the biggest horror fan out there, and I think horror is actually in a really good spot at present (by present I mean today minus ~2 years as I tend not to watch the latest stuff)

Just back from Endgame. My brain is blown to a million pieces. What an event.

I saw it this evening. I was aware of the IMDB/RottenTomatoes scores but it was nothing like I expected but better than anything I had imagined. It switched up the pace, took time where warranted and threw things at you when needed. The humour worked well and was the best Avengers film since the original, topping it for me personally.

I do need to see it again because I blinked multiple times over that three hours and clearly missed a lot of folks according to the credits list.

As somebody who really loves the MCU, even the films that aren't as good as others, this was an unadulterated unpredictable story line marinated in fan service with a SFX budget that could probably have been used to buy several small countries. Sublime all round, roll on phase 4. :yes:

Yes. Spidey movie will likely be down to earth again, but it's hard to think of sensible-scale scripts for Cpt Marvel. Unless they go soap opera, targeting female audience and all...

It's pretty easy to ruin Endgame for oneself if you start thinking though.
Important to put the stones right back to avoid timeline trouble, huh? Trouble like...
... Loki now loose in 2012 with tesseract?
... Cpt America wondering why he was fighting himself?
... Quill being out cold, leaving the power stone free for Ronan to have - who in turn will go on rampage through the galaxy, maybe killing Thanos on the side?
... Cap is going to shove Aether back up Jane Foster's ass, or how is it going to work exactly?
... Cap acquires a life by going back and living it up from '40s until today. How is this _not_ going to change events, and how is he in the today of movie's timeline then?

It's pretty easy to ruin Endgame for oneself if you start thinking though.
Important to put the stones right back to avoid timeline trouble, huh? Trouble like...
... Loki now loose in 2012 with tesseract?
... Cpt America wondering why he was fighting himself?
... Quill being out cold, leaving the power stone free for Ronan to have - who in turn will go on rampage through the galaxy, maybe killing Thanos on the side?
... Cap is going to shove Aether back up Jane Foster's ass, or how is it going to work exactly?
... Cap acquires a life by going back and living it up from '40s until today. How is this _not_ going to change events, and how is he in the today of movie's timeline then?

You missed Hulk's explanation that it is not now it works. Going to the past doesn't affect the past. Apparently it only affects that person's present, as the past cannot be rewritten. Of course that does not explain how past Thanos travels to the future. Maybe rather than time travel it is more akin to time travel to a parallel universe? The bald lady from Dr Strange always refers to her timeline as her dimension/universe.

You missed Hulk's explanation that it is not now it works. Going to the past doesn't affect the past. Apparently it only affects that person's present, as the past cannot be rewritten. Of course that does not explain how past Thanos travels to the future. Maybe rather than time travel it is more akin to time travel to a parallel universe? The bald lady from Dr Strange always refers to her timeline as her dimension/universe.

I did not miss it, that's exactly why I wonder why
They still specifically said they wanted to prevent alternate timelines from being created but really didn't seem to care anyway.

And, since Cap restarting his life on 1940's should obviously boot up timeline diverging from movie's universe, leading to different future, how do you explain Cap then ending up on the bench? That means the movie timeline did change...

I did not miss it, that's exactly why I wonder why
They still specifically said they wanted to prevent alternate timelines from being created but really didn't seem to care anyway.

And, since Cap restarting his life on 1940's should obviously boot up timeline diverging from movie's universe, leading to different future, how do you explain Cap then ending up on the bench? That means the movie timeline did change...

Pure showmanship from the producers for surprise effect. This is no Interstellar, just a popcorn movie :D

You know you didn't have to watch these movies :D

Speaking of which... I suggest no one watch the Boring-AF movie Aquaman. It's a complete snooze-fest despite the extensive CGI special effects. At no point did I give any fucks about what was happening or why. I suggest everyone pass on this. Your time is better spent watching DC:U's series Titans and Doom Patrol.

You know you didn't have to watch these movies :D
No I meant, a little rest from universe-destroying epic events, which I think is exactly what is happening in the next year or three, as it will take time for the next uber-bad to be revealed, like Thanos took many years to come out of the woods. I live for these movies.

Watched end game opening night, talk about being packed, don't know how many screens they had showing it at least 4.

$1.2B in 5 days.
It deserves all the success it's getting, it really tied it all up nicely. Something for everyone from feels, comedy, to obviously action.

Replicas... terrible in every way. No redeemable value for anything it did and was a waste of an hour or so. Even a fan of Keanu Reeves will get nothing from it since he has no emotional range in what should come across as a highly emotional story.

Endgame is so overhyped.

The plot still goes down to "whatever the writers wants" and the battle scenes are so thin and full of head scratching "stretch" of distance or time dilation or power, often happen in Anime.

I also just saw EndGame ... it was quite the ride and my son loved it. The 4DX stuff was amusing, though the seat motions were not nearly as good as what I experienced in Manchester film studios in 1993(!).

I’m not going to waste much time on what I personally thought of this overindulgent stuff ... let’s just say I still don’t like this type of plot device. ;)

Back