So what's wrong with Console Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want no stinking wars in here, period !

We are interested in scientific discussions though, so if you can back up your claims with hard data and make the tools and their code available, everyone will be interested in discussing...

We are interested in scientific discussions though, so if you can back up your claims with hard data and make the tools and their code available, everyone will be interested in discussing...

Tools. I couldn't agree more.

I joined B3D when my son was 1 month old.

I would look at the posts and think "Holy sheet ! Ok, I'll make sure my son won't be like this poster when he grows up". :devilish:

He's 10 years old now. I know many of the original GAF RF0M clan mates have graduated, gotten married, bought a house (or two), changed job, etc.

I am somewhat surprised some of the posters still behave roughly the same after 10 years.
Me think this Console War business will last until end of the world.

Certain people will be trapped forever in the console wars.

Those people are the people who don't realise that my favourite console is the best console ever.

The OP mentions the rivalry in the US between Ford and Chevrolet owners. One of the ways this rivalry manifests is a sticker people put on their cars/trucks of the cartoon character Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes urinating on the logo of the "other" carmaker. There are posters here who, every time their name appears in a thread relating to the "other" platform, consistently if not exclusively do the textual equivalent of that.

And could you imagine a forum where that doesn't happen and everyone makes rational and considerate posts? How boring would that be??

The OP mentions the rivalry in the US between Ford and Chevrolet owners. One of the ways this rivalry manifests is a sticker people put on their cars/trucks of the cartoon character Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes urinating on the logo of the "other" carmaker.
Why Calvin?! Those comics are some of the greatest works of contemporary art. What relevance does an imaginative and slightly troubled 6 year old have with the vulgar expression of rivalries?

Why Calvin?! Those comics are some of the greatest works of contemporary art. What relevance does an imaginative and slightly troubled 6 year old have with the vulgar expression of rivalries?

Because they are trying to have it come off as "mischievous" instead of vulgar.

And could you imagine a forum where that doesn't happen and everyone makes rational and considerate posts? How boring would that be??

I can't imagine. I've never seen an enthusiast forum like that. It's a shame that being an enthusiast so often means having the compulsion to piss on the thing the other guy is enthusiastic about, but it is what it is.

I'm using my delete hammer with great joy, but I have better things to do guys :p
So try not to post anything flammable and don't forget to label humor with a bold humor label just in case, ty !

It's probably just that were' around E3 time as that really gets the drive-by posts flying.

This forum is miles better than most, but there is still a ton of passive-aggressive platform trolling. And no, most of it is not in 'good humour'.

Microsoft's Penello said pluging a PS4 in the XB1 "won't be a great experience", but they didn't say NO. So I guess it's consensual.

He said XB1 prefers cable boxes.

Also, the HDMI handshake protocol is legally binding and indicates consent.

Microsoft's Penello said pluging a PS4 in the XB1 "won't be a great experience", but they didn't say NO. So I guess it's consensual.

He said XB1 prefers cable boxes.

Also, the HDMI handshake protocol is legally binding and indicates consent.
It does, but the PS4 feels so great to be connected to the XB1 that it wiches it could stay like that forever and ever til the world ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back