The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Thank you very much guys, in the name of the entire team. It was a lot of hard work, but we really wanted to the Witcher justice. Glad that you like it!
What can I say, the trailer made me want the game so badly (it was in fact the deciding factor to get the game as soon as I can, I was going to buy it anyway, but now I want it so badly), it could also be a movie of the game and people would love it, like some people said already. One of the best videogame trailers to date.

By the way, what is the girl? Is she a vampire? The thing is that vampires don't cast shadows in The Witcher, and she can be invisible, that's why I am doubtful.

For those who didn't complete The Witcher 2 yet, like me, or couldn't play it for whatever reason, there is a way to carry over decisions from The Witcher 2 to The Witcher 3.

As soon as you start The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you are presented with a sequence in which you are asked some questions. They are some sort of a review or recap for The Witcher 2. You will be asked to remake your decisions from the previous title.

PlayStation Access has a video on the matter, for a better understanding of the questions asked.

Another, and I think final, video from PlayStation Access - the chaps who have been churning out content like the trek across one of the maps a couple of days back. I've not seen it but it's 46 minutes long.

Good job, Sony on marketing the game Microsoft have an exclusive deal to market. :runaway:

By the way, what is the girl? Is she a vampire? The thing is that vampires don't cast shadows in The Witcher, and she can be invisible, that's why I am doubtful.

She is seductive but also horrible, deadly, mysterious and sucks the life essence out of you and when you look at her in the morning without makeup she looks completely different...she is definitely a woman! ;)

Last edited:
Some of the meltdown comments over at GAF are hilarious... however, it's sad that gaming has gotten to this point of finger pointing and blaming.

I felt sorry for her by the end when a tear rolled down her face. Was she just trying to live normally?

The CGI trailer sort of suggested it. When at the start she mentions that in past times a Witcher like Geralt wouldn't have taken the contract that was put out for her. And his reply is that times have changed and he needs the money or something like that.

Implication being that Witcher's are monster hunters basically. Thus she wasn't considered a "monster" in the past even if she technically is because she's a Vampire (or whatever), because she was attempting to live her life without disturbing the local human populace. And so in the past, Witchers wouldn't have taken a contract that was put out on her.

Regards,
SB

Just saw the HQ ps4 video from Gamersyde, CDPR really did an amazing job on that version, very impressive indeed. I think it looks quite a bit sharper than that Xbone video with the dynamic scaling, especially the foliage and the trees in the distance. The lighting and shadows not only do an excellent job of creating such a beautiful world and atmosphere, they also cover up some of the lower res grass textures very effectively. Man I so can't wait, three more days!

I felt sorry for her by the end when a tear rolled down her face. Was she just trying to live normally?
I would never, ever, do anything bad to such a beautiful woman. The guys who made the cinematic have good taste. And feminine beauty must be protected. I might sound like a panties sniffer, but that's how it is.

She is seductive but also horrible, deadly, mysterious and sucks the life essence out of you and when you look at her in the morning without makeup she looks completely different...she is definitely a woman! ;)
hah, it wasn't much time ago when I thought women looked like this -pictures below-, dreamt about them, thought they were perfect and all, but then once day reality kicked in. I still love them with all my soul, but anyways, I met one that I liked and it's not the same. But it's still great.
rayne.jpg

jillvalentine.jpg

tifa.jpg

samus.jpg

joannadark.jpg

morrigan.jpg

The CGI trailer sort of suggested it. When at the start she mentions that in past times a Witcher like Geralt wouldn't have taken the contract that was put out for her. And his reply is that times have changed and he needs the money or something like that.

Implication being that Witcher's are monster hunters basically. Thus she wasn't considered a "monster" in the past even if she technically is because she's a Vampire (or whatever), because she was attempting to live her life without disturbing the local human populace. And so in the past, Witchers wouldn't have taken a contract that was put out on her.

Regards,
SB

Nope ! No one would take the contract before cos its too deadly. The Witcher is unmatched for her , as can be seen in the video, and stands no chance against her, but now that Witchers and monsters both are dying out, the times are desperate and Geralt has taken a bounty for a suicide mission considering the odds. The only way he could kill her was by poisoning his own blood. No way he could have won a fair fight.

She is no good, its just that she is so powerful no one would take her bounty for any amount of money....untill now. Desperate times for Witchers. They are being outcast by the society and looked at as monsters and threats themselves. They are keeping themselves useful and also feeding themselves.

Nope ! No one would take the contract before cos its too deadly. The Witcher is unmatched for her , as can be seen in the video, and stands no chance against her, but now that Witchers and monsters both are dying out, the times are desperate and Geralt has taken a bounty for a suicide mission considering the odds. The only way he could kill her was by poisoning his own blood. No way he could have won a fair fight.

She is no good, its just that she is so powerful no one would take her bounty for any amount of money....untill now. Desperate times for Witchers. They are being outcast by the society and looked at as monsters and threats themselves. They are keeping themselves useful and also feeding themselves.

That's one way to look at it. But Geralt is showing regret, not fear, over his actions. IMO, it's pretty clear that he doesn't want to take the contract because he doesn't think she's doing anything to harm anyone in human society and doesn't deserve to die.

Regards,
SB

Certainly got my wife interested in the game! But we'll see if the game even remotely lives up to it. May gift her the books instead. What's the best place to start?
Wish I could help, but I don't have much friends who are the geeks of The Witcher par excellence, but you can find very brief and good info on the books -and movies, and games- of The Witcher here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

The Saga
The Saga focuses on the story of Geralt of Rivia and Ciri, the Child of Destiny. Ciri, a princess of a recently conquered country and a key pawn in international politics, becomes a Witcher-in-training. Geralt is pulled into a whirlwind of events in his attempts to protect her.

Related to the vampire thing I read this, based on the novels:

Regis CAN become invisible. I think the part when he rescued Geralt and Jaskier after they were imprisoned at the Northern Camp, before the Nilfgaarnians attacked and wounded Jaskier.

Wish I could help, but I don't have much friends who are the geeks of The Witcher

Anyone interested in the books should read stories first, as they set background for the saga. First part "Last wish" is availabe and second part "Sword of destiny" is due to be relased in May this year by Gollancz. Then there is the saga, which except for the last parts has been released in english, but there is a fan translation of missing parts. And then there "Season of storms" which has been released fairy recently and takes place somewhere between the short stories. I recommend to read it last, only if you finished saga and still want more

As soon as you start The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you are presented with a sequence in which you are asked some questions. They are some sort of a review or recap for The Witcher 2. You will be asked to remake your decisions from the previous title.

PlayStation Access has a video on the matter, for a better understanding of the questions asked.

Meh.:no:
How is anyone supposed to make an informed choice like that.
I would have preferred to see the events of previous Witcher maybe even in a short comic and then decide based on what I saw.

Back