News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they're working on eye tracking using Eye. The showed Goeff playing around with Infamous, using his eyes to target, I guess.

WHAT !!! Really? u joking right? Where can I see all of this? Seems like a lot of info, maybe not presented well?

LOU SP DLC.
MGSV Deja VU mission,
Destiny Gets early Beta.
UNCHARTED 4 !!!
Eyetracking using PS Eye ? (want to see)
Sony Santa Monica Game Teased.

What else?

I guess, like they say, expectations reduce joy :) !

MetalGear-2.jpg

They really should have shown parts of the mission druing the live event instead of misleading everybody that you simply could play as mosaic snake :???:

However, it's really one step closer to a MGS remake.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...-exclusive-mission-gets-official-screenshots/

Retracing 16 years of history, the PlayStation-Exclusive “Déjà Vu” mission brings players back to the 1998 PlayStation classic “METAL GEAR SOLID”. In an age when graphics were limited to blocky pixelated polygons, METAL GEAR SOLID set new standards in videogame storytelling with its memorable characters, cinematic presentation, and complex story. Relive the most memorable moments of the past with this Sony-exclusive mission on PlayStation3 and PlayStation4. Past and present collide as the characters and camera angles you remember from the 16-year old classic are brought to life the high-fidelity world of MGS:GZ!

amazon sent me a 30$ discount for kindle fire as to a ps4 purchaser. I would prefer something game related :p

The common theme is display, and updates. So hopefully if it is the 1.5 update, they can fix it before Friday. We never know how much of this is abuse, etc. The youtube video with the screen artifacts that normally go along with GPU overheating was interesting though. But again I stress, how much is fakery for attention vs reality.

At least some of the reported issues are causes by a bent piece of metal in the HDMI port in some of the consoles. It is relatively easy for the console owner to fix.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1qnvqv/please_check_your_ps4s_hdmi_port_if_you_are/
http://kotaku.com/good-news-about-our-once-broken-ps4-1464813671

Sony issued a statement:

"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.

There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

My 15" Retina MacBook Pro with a 2.6 Ghz i7 can stutter playing 1080p video so I think it's not exactly clear cut whether a bunch of Jaguar cores will be able to handle demanding h264 video playback.

Could you clarify what kind of advanced codec functions you are talking about? I find it hard to believe that your MacBook would have any trouble whatsoever - I have never encountered a h264 encoded video on my XBMC (running on a Asus with Atom 1.8Ghz and a ION2 Gpu) that stutters - and that includes videos at 1080p@60fps (~30Mbps). I have seen videos stutter occasionally on my VAIO (i7 something) but that has always been down to the player or some other issue, not the hardware.

Not sure what demanding h264 is - the hardware can either fully decode h264 or it can't, at least that was my unterstanding of the codec?

WHAT !!! Really? u joking right? Where can I see all of this? Seems like a lot of info, maybe not presented well?

LOU SP DLC.
MGSV Deja VU mission,
Destiny Gets early Beta.
UNCHARTED 4 !!!
Eyetracking using PS Eye ? (want to see)
Sony Santa Monica Game Teased.

What else?

I guess, like they say, expectations reduce joy :) !

It was not a lot of info. It was basically no info at all. Uncharted 4 tease showed absolutely nothing about the game. Nothing. They had a 1 hour televised event to announce a bunch of things they had nothing to show for. What they announced was about 5 minutes of airtime. The Sony Santa Monica tease didn't have a name, or any information on what it is, or a timeline. THey basically let us know they were working on a game, as if we didn't already know that. Early beta access, DLC for a non-PS4 game, a single additional level for a game are not exactly showstoppers that deserve a televised event. Those things are basically afterthoughts they could announce on a blog.

Well, we know as much about the next Uncharted game as we do about the next Halo game. At least it confirms that Naughty Dog is working on it, as some thought they might be passing the franchise off to Sony Bend so they could develop another new IP on PS4.

Well, we know as much about the next Uncharted game as we do about the next Halo game. At least it confirms that Naughty Dog is working on it, as some thought they might be passing the franchise off to Sony Bend so they could develop another new IP on PS4.

If I watched a 1 hour televised show to find out there was a new Halo being developed, without any specifics at all, I'd be double disappointed, because I think it might be one of the most overrated game series of all-time.

If anything, be mad at Geoff/Spike/GTTV for hyping the event. It's pretty clear that Sony just wanted to show the vision of where they're headed and they did an OK job of that IMO.

It was not a lot of info. It was basically no info at all. Uncharted 4 tease showed absolutely nothing about the game. Nothing. They had a 1 hour televised event to announce a bunch of things they had nothing to show for. What they announced was about 5 minutes of airtime. The Sony Santa Monica tease didn't have a name, or any information on what it is, or a timeline. THey basically let us know they were working on a game, as if we didn't already know that. Early beta access, DLC for a non-PS4 game, a single additional level for a game are not exactly showstoppers that deserve a televised event. Those things are basically afterthoughts they could announce on a blog.

The uncharted reveal is perfectly fine. You seem to be too mad for your wasted time :p

Uncharted 2 also had a similar reveal with just a map, some quotes and some objects on the map. You want footage,we all want footage :D...but there's nothing improper in the way they have teased the setting of the new game !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back